Community Call to Power Project

Why if I try to create a Standar sized game with continents, or continents plus I don't spawn with anything and I lose at the beginning? It's not fair!

I dont know if Chrome included my assignstartingplots.lua fix in the link provided for the mod, you could try that, its found here.

I dont know if Chrome included my assignstartingplots.lua fix in the link provided for the mod, you could try that, its found here.

It's happening to me as well, I can load a small map no problem but if i use standard it doesnt work.

I've tried the starting points thing but it still won't work.

Game starts and its instantly over.

It's happening to me as well, I can load a small map no problem but if i use standard it doesnt work.

I've tried the starting points thing but it still won't work.

Game starts and its instantly over.

Can I have some logs please :)

You can try deleting the AssignStartingplots.lua from the CCTP folder and boot it up and see where that gets you. If it boots up without getting an instant defeat, d/l and extract my fix to the CCTP folder.

Also clear you moduserdata and cache folders. Also make sure you patched upto date. And using a randomly generated map(No earth maps/scenarios or player made maps). Custom Mapscripts should be fine.

Can I have some logs please :)

You can try deleting the AssignStartingplots.lua from the CCTP folder and boot it up and see where that gets you. If it boots up without getting an instant defeat, d/l and extract my fix to the CCTP folder.

Also clear you moduserdata and cache folders. Also make sure you patched upto date. And using a randomly generated map(No earth maps/scenarios or player made maps). Custom Mapscripts should be fine.

Hi so i figured it out sort of, I was able to use a standard map but i had to use very high resources instead of legendary resources. I'm not sure what this means but it worked.

I'll try deleting the starting points file and boot it up that way, see how it goes. I'll try and get the logs for you as well.

ps: i have been always using random continents maps.

So I have been busy putting in many, many icons in the game (~80). Big thanks to sukritact for the Icon Template he posted oh so long ago. The version on Github has the new icons. This includes icons for the new techs that were added. I stopped at the end of Industrial but I will take it through to the end eventually. And while we wait for Gods & Kings, I'll try to fill in icons for the monopoly buildings. No promises though, as I'll essentially have to find five pictures that basically show the same thing but are different enough to be distinguishable (1 for small, 1 for medium,..., 1 for monopoly).

As I'm sure you all know by now, the Steam Workshop will be the way to go from here on out for mods. I'll eventually switch over to using that as the main vehicle for putting out new version because it's open to a much wider audience than the forums are, but that means converting the mod into a mod through ModBuddy first. I should just go ahead and do it, but I'm not looking forward to hours of copy+paste :(. At the very least, I'll convert by the time the first CCtP update for G&Ks rolls out.

Horem, I looked at the assignstartingplots.lua fix you posted to help Sjru but I'm afraid to put it in the mod files because I don't know exactly what changed.

Hey Nuukov! You weren't forgotten; it's just that the AI literally cannot function properly in the current system. There are too many choices, so often they spread themselves out to thin. What I have in mind is a separate Governance type yield that only works for the Governments. The Ideologies and the Systems would work with the Culture as always. This way the AI would always have a Government to rally around, and the Ideologies and Systems augment that (as it should be). When G&K drops, I'll take a look at the Faith yield and hopefully backward engineer the new Governance.

Well it was a simple fix, you were missing some {},{},{} in one of the functions.

Its on line 3439 this is what I changed it too :-
local iron_list, horse_list, oil_list, copper_list, titanium_list, coffee_list = {}, {}, {}, {}, {}, {};

The new patch destroyed all the text, I think -- at least in the tech tree. Now it's like TXT_KEY...

I am not given the option to construct the resource specific buildings. Has anyone else run into this?

Hey Nuukov! You weren't forgotten; it's just that the AI literally cannot function properly in the current system. There are too many choices, so often they spread themselves out to thin. What I have in mind is a separate Governance type yield that only works for the Governments. The Ideologies and the Systems would work with the Culture as always. This way the AI would always have a Government to rally around, and the Ideologies and Systems augment that (as it should be). When G&K drops, I'll take a look at the Faith yield and hopefully backward engineer the new Governance.

Excellent :D I look forward to it.

I am not given the option to construct the resource specific buildings. Has anyone else run into this?

Not that I am aware of, have you installed the latest patch and the 2 quick fixes I have posted? Also the log files would help :)

Some of the resources are visible early but you dont get the building till some later tech.
For example Opels, Alou and Squids are visable early but you need some medeval tech i think to build the buildings.

Quick Update available on Github. Link in OP
  • Added Icons for Monopoly Buildings. Honestly, I'm only happy with about half of them, but I couldn't just have some buildings with new icons and others just using the old resource image so... I think the image quality is best at the Monopoly level, and then slowly diminishes towards the low level buildings. I will be redoing most of these, probably during the next few weeks as I get a grasp of G&Ks
  • Decreased cost of workshop from 380h to 300h. Just puts it more in line with the other buildings from Classical
  • Fixed little tooltip that pops up when hovering over golden age icon
  • Added Horem's Gametext fix. Thank you :). Sorry I wasn't able to address these issues myself; I'm in the middle of a pretty nice game atm and I didn't want to get thrown off by the patch.

Anyways, been thinking a lot about what I mentioned earlier about getting the later eras to feel less like an arms race. I think I've stumbled across something; the United Nations. What I have in mind now is that the player who builds it gets 2 votes while everyone else gets 1 (CS included). Instead of just being a device which gives players a Diplomatic Victory, it will be more like Civ 4s version. Some of the possible votes are: end war, stop trading, declare war, extort, etc, etc. It will still keep it's ability to grant a Diplo Victory, but that won't be unlocked until later. I think this will work pretty well considering the changes that are suppose to make diplomacy better in G&Ks. What I hope will happen is that the other victory options will be more viable; conceivably, the world could vote in such a way to ensure a permanent peace, forcing players to change their strategies. This is another change in addition to the Governments that will come later on (significantly later I suspect, as there will be a lot of restructuring that must be done when G&K comes out). By then, I'll have the files up on the Steam Workshop, and hopefully they will attract people with the knowledge of how to implement this, because lord knows I don't. :confused:

But like I said this is long term. For the next couple of weeks I will be checking in the forums but I don't expect I'll have many changes to post, as I'll be spending much of my free time getting a feel for the new mechanics of G&Ks and adjusting CCtP as needed. For those getting G&Ks right away, make note of the things that you like about it and any ideas that you get while playing. I'll see if we can incorporate them in to further enrich CCtP.

Top Bottom