1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Patch - How To Install

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Drakul

Drakul Warlord

Can i use Community Patch with CSD and Civ4diplo without the Balance patch ?

2. Andy0132

Andy0132 Warlord

There is a version of Civ IV Diplo that only relies on the Community Patch, but I'm not sure if they've made a standalone for CSD yet.

Also, to the CPP team, your manual downloads stuff is outdated. Could you please update?

EDIT: Your auto-installer's broken as well. Please fix this.

3. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

If you're referring to the links in the 1st page of this thread, they are for the 'stable' release and as such all other versions that are in play at the moment are considered 'beta', so, no they are not outdated. You can find the links to those by looking in the appropriately named threads.

4. Old Joe

Old Joe Chieftain

that mega is one SUPIDEST UGLIEST and SCUMMIEST BS for download EVER! :vomit:

can you people get this awesome mod through other sites, it would be great

5. Ryodan

Ryodan Chieftain

Is there any way to get this mod to work in Linux? Specifically: Ubuntu 16.04.

6. yellingt

yellingt Chieftain

Very new to modding, so please forgive my ignorance.

I've installed the mods (all offered by the installer) + EUI using the automatic installer, deleted the cache, Logs, ModUserData folders. I followed through the installation with no problems, but when I try to start a game (single player, Pangaea, standard size) but consistently on turn three the game would crash on the AI's turn.

I've tried uninstalling (and deleting) all the other mods (and deleting the cache etc folders too) but nothing is different. Still crashes turn 3 on AI turn.

Thanks for the help!

7. vyyt

vyyt Deity

First of all, after you start game, you do press the "mods" button in the main menu, not the "single player" button, right?

Do you have all the leader DLCs?

When you start the game, please got to the policy overview screen and check if the policies are different (e.g. the Honor tree is now called Authority), or the tech tree (e.g. you should see a new building called Council - I think it is under The Wheel tech). If you cannot see these, it means the mod is not active or is installed improperly.

8. yellingt

yellingt Chieftain

Thanks for replying! Yes the mod is definitely active while the problem occurs. I do have all the DLC too. Strangely enough it worked for some reason once out of the blue, but the fog of war was a completely dark grey and graphics were complete minimum. I'm trying to replicate the occurrence, but no luck so far.

Edit: The following errors showed up on the LUA log. They may be relevant:

[32291.015] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\Popups\CultureOverview.lua:948: attempt to index local 'icon' (a nil value)
    [32291.015] Runtime Error: Error loading Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\Popups\CultureOverview.lua.
    [32292.578] File Error: C:\Users\ytuha.DESKTOP-OVI00PM\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA/VassalageOverview.lua
    [32292.578] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\ytuha.DESKTOP-OVI00PM\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA/VassalageOverview.lua.
    [32292.593] File Error: C:\Users\ytuha.DESKTOP-OVI00PM\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA/VassalageOverview.lua
    [32292.593] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\ytuha.DESKTOP-OVI00PM\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA/VassalageOverview.lua.

9. MictlanGod93

MictlanGod93 Chieftain

Hey guys, nice work on your project, I'm curious as to whether the full Community Patch Project (No UI, for some reason not all the panels appear on the top right like the "Enact Decision" one for Events and Decisions) is compatible with all of JFD's gameplay mods, not the Civs. Also is all this compatible with Hulfgar's work? Thanks in advance.

10. Leolegall

Leolegall Chieftain

I am having a problem whith the image of the Zappelin and the Armored Car, they just show as a red square, and after i search the technology to build them every time i open the city view or end turn i get multiple error messagens. Do you guys know how to fix this?

It might be problem whith the dlc because i only have the BNW, but everything else works, and before searching them i didin't have any erros show up.

The game still works after i close the error messagens but it haste alot of time to close all of them and alt-tab back into the game, especially when i end the turn, it takes almost 2 minutes just closing the same error over and over again.

11. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

You need Gods and Kings as well, and all the Leader DLC.

G

12. MictlanGod93

MictlanGod93 Chieftain

I'd just like to leave my two cents here and I'd like to report that I'm using CP+CBP (No EUI) no other mods that came with the intaller, and I'm also using JFD's: Cities in Development, Rise to Power, Exploration Continued, and Piety and Priestige, and Mercenaries. As well as Infoaddict and Sukritact's Events and Decisions. I've played 300 turns on Marathon speed as the Mayans and everything seems fine. No CTD, no freezing. Some missing descriptions here and there. I'm not sure why. I'd like to note that even though I'm usinga pretty weak laptop (4gb ram, 1.5ghz pentium, 512 mb radeon graphics. It all seems to be running rather fun. So great work.

I hope you guys take suggestions like adding a few units, mostly in the modern and information era's. Going from a P-51 to an F-22 seems a little unreasonable. Thanks for all your hard work.

13. Leolegall

Leolegall Chieftain

But everything else in the game works. Isn't there a way to get around this one problem?

14. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

No, you need to buy all the leader DLC and expansions. While it may seem like it works, I bet you are missing core functionality that you don't realize that you are missing.

G

15. Ryodan

Ryodan Chieftain

I am having an issue where I cannot load a saved game, I am not talking about trying to load a game from within a running game although that is what I did try the first time. I have since uninstalled civ V, deleted the files left behind in steam/steamaps/common/ and the files left behind in my documents/my games and reinstalled civ v multiple times. I re-download civ v, run it, clear the cache (by deleting contents of the cache folder), then start the game go to mods and select the mods in numerical order, pres enter and from the mods game menu I start a game. At this point the mod works fine and is a lot of fun to play. Now if I save my game and exit to windows, then re-enter civ v and go through the process of going through the mods menu and getting to the mod menue new game or load screen once I hit load it crashes to desktop without any errors, just closes the game.

Any idea what step I'm screwing up?

Also I just tried replacing all my civ v folders with a copy I made before the latest mod install (both steam apps location and in my documents) then I tried using the multiplayer mod pack version, game srarts up and a new game has the mod running just fine, save game, exit to windows, re-start civ v and clicking the load button closes the game this way too.

Any help appreciated, I really want to play this mod badly thanks to Quill18, I even reinstalled windows today on an extra ssd I had laying around since the mod cant work in linux lol.

16. MictlanGod93

MictlanGod93 Chieftain

Are you getting the save-game bug where it seemingly saves the game instantly without the usual 2 seconds of lag? Check your save game files and see how much they weigh.

17. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Yeah, this was happening to a few of us in the latest stable version (only). We found out that if you launch the game with mods as usual, then load a save from very early turns (the save from turn 1 will be the safest - I think that even if you did not save, there should be an autosave), quit to the main menu, go to mods again (no need to de/re-activate anything, keep them activated as they are) and this time load your desired / latest save, it will work without CTD. Sounds very strange, does it not? However it worked for all of us who reported it.

If you do not care about finishing your latest game, just upgrade to the newest beta (5/21), the load problem is not present anymore (you cannot load your save from the previous version though).

18. Ryodan

Ryodan Chieftain

Come to think of it there is no delay or lag when saving. And after the initial crash I've been trying new saves every time I reinstall and they are all on turn 1 or 2. I'm not sure which version I have but I just downloaded it yesterday so it should be new. I'll check the save file size later tonight after I re-download the file again just to rule that out.

edit: save file from most recent attempt was 474KB.

Just tried the beta version of the multiplayer DLC version of the mod, started up fine, saved on turn one (file size was 474 KB) game closed when I clocked the load button.

Will read through the manual install instructions as that appears to be how to install the latest beta, try again, and update if it works or not.

edit#2: just replaced my steamapps/common/civ folder with a copy I made after a fresh install, replaced the civ v folder under documents/my games with an older back up as well and odly enough the load button doesnt even work without the mod installed... I just uninstalled the game will manually delete anything left over and re download (again) am I missing a location to delete files before I reinstall the game and by doing that, keeping the bug?

edit3: Fixed it, had to start steam in off line mode and it resolves the problem. Steam was set the entire time not to use steam cloud so I do not know why this worked. This was also the solution to a similar problem I had with the Long War mod for XCOM I could only play that mod in offline mode too so I can only assume steam hates me.

19. MictlanGod93

MictlanGod93 Chieftain

As long as it works I guess. The things is if there's no lag when you save more than likely your save gets corrupted, I'm not sure how or why, I've just noticed this from experience. Whenever this happened to me I looked at the save and noticed it was like 12 kb, this happened to me due to mod incompatibilities.

20. Sumsaren

Sumsaren Chieftain

When will the modpack be updated