Complete list of easter eggs in Civ3

The source code is not released and in this rare case I think that this is better so.

Do you by any chance know what file contains the script to change the units on the respective dates, or an informed guess on where I can start digging for that info?
Get a hex editor and start ploughing through the whole lot of files. It's a 20-year-old game so it's only a couple of GB in all and you can count out all graphics and sound files.

Nice list! Ive played the game long enough that I knew most of these, but some are subtle enough that I didn't even notice them if I had gotten them. The Amanda in the forest trees and sleep is for the weak are two prime examples.

I know most of these as well, but I hadn't seen the menucow one before. Got a kick out of reading all the different types of cows.

I can't seem to get the editor to go into psychedelic mode though...

Ah ok i gotcha. So basically the units have to be added by mods, and if the game registers that there is a unit with that name on the respective day, it changes the leaders into that unit, correct me if im wrong.

Do you by any chance know what file contains the script to change the units on the respective dates, or an informed guess on where I can start digging for that info?

I made a utility back in early April of 2012 that allows changing which units appear on those days, so you can have a Pikeman appear instead of a Zombie on Halloween, for instance. The thread with the download link (which still works!) is here. Make sure to make a backup first, as the thread suggests!

I'm pleased that 8+ years later, someone wanted to do exactly what I made that utility for! Even if it took a year after their post for me to spot it!

"All We're Saying is Give Peace a Chance" - said by your citizens when you click over them w/ WW. I know this might already have been said before, but it's not in the Easter Egg list, it's in the lyrics of a John Lennon song.

Top Bottom