Concerned: Is too much info visible?

One concern I have for Civ 6 is that possibly too much info is visible.
You can tell at a glance which disctricts and buildings someone has built, how far they are with getting a great person, how far along building a wonder they are, etc.

Of course you can stay in the fog of war as long as you can, but I expect spies (which I think you can't block) and such to lift this fog of war, giving your competitors a good view of your state of affairs.

What do you think, has unstacking the cities laid too much information bare?
And how will this play out in games, especially multiplyaer games?

Adding info to the map allows you to make a value judgement as to how you are doing vs your neighbors. This allows you to decide as to whether you should attack, befriend the neighboring civ, or even if you have opportunity for further expansion yourself. Think of scouting in starcraft II, you go into an enemy's base, and you react to what you see. This skill helps set apart players who are good, from players who are great. I am all for that. In civ V there really wasn't much to see, maybe "Oh they have a luxury" but that is about it. Now, you can know at a glance if they are probably pulling ahead of you in science or not, just look at their district, does it have a tier 2 building in it yet?

I think this is great, and I welcome it whole heartedly

Top Bottom