• NO

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FionnMcCumhall

Emperor
Please Vote Yes/No/Abstain to accept Chieftess as my rep for Domestic Chat Rep. This is only in case naervod or i cannot attand any chat. This is an imperative vote so vote now so we can have a chat rep in place by saturday, Since we are now at war

I may be a builder, but when war comes to my doorsteps, I shall avenge our fallen people, and make sure every build queue, shield, commerce and food is put to the defense of our nation!

What exactly is the point in making an existing council member a chat rep? The only real power that the position seems to hold is that of acting as a proxy in spot council votes, and CT already has the power to vote in those as it is. :hmm:

But, it also gives a voice if there needs to be one. There are others in multiple leader/deputy/chat rep posistions, like CivGeneral.

Originally posted by Chieftess
But, it also gives a voice if there needs to be one. There are others in multiple leader/deputy/chat rep posistions, like CivGeneral.
I'm not arguing against the existence of chat reps, but questioning the point of incumbent department leaders holding such positions in addition to their council seat. The result of such practice is that power ends up being concentrated upon fewer individuals, rather than empowering the departments in the absence of their Leaders. In this instance the Domestic Dept is effectively throwing away its voting rights by its choice of chat rep, and that seems to me to be a daft thing to do. The fact that we already have a Council member acting as chat rep for another department doesn't mean that it is in any way a desirable situation.

Governor Eklektikos has a strong point here. This Approval Poll does kind of clip the wings of the Domestic Dept. in times of need.

Another situation that may come up is the inevitable event of a spot council vote. If CT was the only domestic person there, she would only be able to vote once, only decreasing the voice of the people in these types of situations.

Top Bottom