Conquests Behaviour

Fnorder

Chieftain
I played a lot of Civilization III several years ago, and I bought both expansions and when I bought myself a newer computer I bought Civilization III Complete as well, but suddenly I stopped playing, and couldn't fully understand why in retrospect.

Anyhow, I installed C3C in an elder Laptop last week, and suddenly remembered why I loved this game so much, and when I conquered my first enemy city, I remembered why I quit playing it in the first place: The entire enemy civilization fell! All cities was razed!

I remembered that I really enjoyed playing unexpanded Civ III and nagging down the enemy civilizations city by city, and not like this weird way...? Seems like a very unrealistic way to respond for a civilization "Noooo, the evil greeks took ONE city from us so let's go bananas and tear down ALL our cities! Hah, evil greek, We hope you suffer now!"

I think I tried to find an answer on the internet back then how to set up a game so C3C could behave in the way I wanted it to, but never found anything. I tried to search for an answer here, but I didn't find anything, I don't really know what keywords to search for (English is not my native tongue), so I gave up and started a new thread instead.

I hope someone could help me with this query of mine. I really want to play by taking civilizations one by one, city by city.

Thanks in advance,

Fnorder

When you set up your game, you selected the option to eliminate a civ when it loses a town. Deselect this option, and things will go back to normal. I think the option is "Elimination," but I could be mistaken.

Turn off Regicide.

Edit: Sorry that is for king units.

Last edited:
Fnorder, welcome to CFC! :band:[party]

It is a pitty, that you have missed playing Civ 3 for a longer time due to such a silly little option when starting a game. C3C introduced some so called 'short game modes', among them 'Elimination'. Please take care, that none of these short game modes (see the second screenshot) is enabled when starting a 'normal' game.

Even in the Civ3ConquestsEdit, this option had a wrong description.

Attachments

• Elimimation.jpg
    Elimimation.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 238
  • Short Game Modes.jpg
    Short Game Modes.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 235
Top Bottom