Console Access to 6otM

Eyswein

King
GOTM Staff
Here via Reddit. This is a great idea, and as someone returning to Civ after a loooong break (like since Civ 2) I'd love to try, but I'm on a console, and the save file doesn't seem to work for that.

Any chance you can include the seeds, so I can play along too??

Sadly a little more complicated than just releasing the seed. Part of the setup almost always includes specific selections for: Civs, City States, and/or Natural Wonders; additionally, potential map mods in world builder and/or selected starting locations. Many months back we talked about releasing this info, but (at least then) thought it had too many spoilers. For example, other CIVs selected designed to make the victory condition easier or harder to achieve; may modify CS's (maybe to have zero or eight science city states) that would likely impact play as you discovered them via exploration vice knowing it at the beginning.

Definitely would like to figure out how to open this to the console folks! One option may be to release all that info at the end of the month, but that would put the console folks a month behind. Interested in your thoughts and feedback!!

I would still play even if it was a month behind, but would like to be able to do it at the same time! I understand not wanting the 'spoilers' easily available, though.

How many people are likely to want this? Would it be possible for you to collate the special options and PM them to console users who ask? We would obviously not be eligible for the competition, but could update on the thread with the caveat that we are console users noted (I have seen people do this when they've restarted a game, which gives them a similar level of head start??)

Have read through the previous thread... Thanks, @leif erikson. Would you mind sending me the information for gotm 136?? I can play with it to see if I can get the same start. I'm on PS5, it seems the last person to try was on a Switch? Probably hoping in vain that it will be different, but it's worth a try!!

Have read through the previous thread... Thanks, @leif erikson. Would you mind sending me the information for gotm 136?? I can play with it to see if I can get the same start. I'm on PS5, it seems the last person to try was on a Switch? Probably hoping in vain that it will be different, but it's worth a try!!
If you get the same start, it will be interesting to play it through to see if the AI Civs and City-States are located where they are in the save for windows players? :hmm:

Additional info for 6otM 136:
AI Civs are listed as "Leader Pool 1" which consisted of Ambiorix, Frederick, Harald, Kristina, Peter, Robert, Wilfred.
Custom City States: by type: Mohenjo, Antan...; Johannesburg, Hong Kong; Kabul, Akkad; Vatican, Kandy; all 8 science CSs; Venice, Muscat
Natural Wonders: Giant's Causeway, Matterhorn, Mount Everest, Pamukkale, Zhanye
Map seed: 417151
Game seed: 448271

Irrelevant bonus question: What is the significance of the map/game seed? :p

The map seed allows someone that enters it to have the same map show in their game.
Game seed, I'm not quite so sure about, but iirc it has the civs and city-states in it?

The map seed allows someone that enters it to have the same map show in their game.
Game seed, I'm not quite so sure about, but iirc it has the civs and city-states in it?

Yes. Bad wording for my question. I meant the numbers used for this game's map and game seed. They do have something to do with Georgia.

Yes. Bad wording for my question. I meant the numbers used for this game's map and game seed. They do have something to do with Georgia.
:eek:

:dunno:

Additional info for 6otM 136:
AI Civs are listed as "Leader Pool 1" which consisted of Ambiorix, Frederick, Harald, Kristina, Peter, Robert, Wilfred.
Custom City States: by type: Mohenjo, Antan...; Johannesburg, Hong Kong; Kabul, Akkad; Vatican, Kandy; all 8 science CSs; Venice, Muscat
Natural Wonders: Giant's Causeway, Matterhorn, Mount Everest, Pamukkale, Zhanye
Map seed: 417151
Game seed: 448271

Irrelevant bonus question: What is the significance of the map/game seed? :p
Thank you! I'm hosting family from this weekend, so it might take me a while to get back to you, but I will definitely try this and feed back / upload pics etc.

Top Bottom