constant lack of strategic resources

If resources are ubiquitous then the game might as well not require them to build any units.

If resources are ubiquitous then the game might as well not require them to build any units.

there is a difference between ubiqiutous and almost toally absent

Let me turn that around: if the game decidess to barely implement them, they might as well be left out as an option completly

We all know joint wars are broken
That does not contribute anything because they are not broken. They work, you may not like them but they work so are not broken. You may disagree with the design and the simplicity of just making it a formal war like most of us do but it’s not broken.

I wouldnt mind if its once or twice in ten games, but like said, its constant.
I will play 10 games and get maybe 3-4 joint wars in total against me because I am playing highly agressive. I will then play peaceful and get 2-3 in a game.
Constant? That’s just puerile wording. Why do people who complain go OTT and exaggerate, lost interest now.

And I was still referring to resources when I said it was a challenge not to have them. Not having resources makes the game harder and we need these challenges, or do you just want to steamroller with the same old strategy.

Last edited:
I was talking about constant not having strategic resources in every game, not the joint wars. And yes, joint wars are broken, as they completly nullify the casus belli system. A joint war is both the war, and the justification for the war. Even from a logical/semantic standpoint that is problematic. but thats another discussion.

Not having resources is an artificial challenge and limits gameplay. On top of that, iron is not a rare resource, so thats not an excuse either.

Let them make the AI better to challenge us. I recently saw a screenshot where the AI build an encampment on a tile surrounded by 6 mountains... If maybe things like that were eliminated? Or coming back to joint wars, maybe if the AI was able to mount a decent attack when they declared war?

I actually never go for domination victory. On one hand because I find it boring and tedious, on the other because i never have the strategic resources for it, so your steamroll concern is totally irrelevant.

Top Bottom