Constitution Addition - Turn Mechanics

Should the Constitution be amended with chat turn rules?

• Yes, these rules are a welcome addition to the Constitution

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Yes, but this proposed amendment blows

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, there's no need for this. 4/14 was a fluke

• Abstain

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaitan

der Besucher
I am proposing a Constitutional Ammendment to address the problem that the assembled citizens for the 4/14 turn chat experienced. There was a mess up with the start time and attendence and a bunch of folks ended up wasting a lot of time waiting for nothing to happen.

Proposed addition to the constitution (thanks to Cyc for his ideas):

Section I: Turn Mechanics
Point 1: The President will post the time and date for the next turn chat at least 24 hours before the chat starts. This should be in GMT and posted in the chat thread. A specific start time is required.
Point 2: The designated player (generally the President) should start the chat at least 10 minutes before the scheduled time.
Point 3: If the designated player (generally the President) is more than 10 minutes late a new player will be chosen from the officials present in the chat following the Chain of Command.
Point 4: Once a player has started playing, he/she is the designated player for that chat turn and will not relinguish play to a late arriving but higher ranked official.

Feedback please!

I fully agree with this change.

Bill
Trade Leader

This sounds good to me. I would like to suggest that the president also give 24 hours notice, if at all possible, if he will be absent. Also, each department should have a chat representative (not an elected position, so this person would not be included in the COC), to provide info on that departements decisions should both the Leader and deputy be unable to attend. This person should be capable of making most of the chats, and would be appointed by the respective leader. As governors are not yet in the chain of command, I will go ahead and appoint Skilord to serve in this faculty for the domestic department.

I agree on these rules.

And I'm sorry about yesterday. Something just came up, and there was nothing I could do.

i also think this is good:
BUT
the time should be the forum time, which is GMT WITH DST!!!
the problems arose always because some ppl think GMT with DST and some without...

the forum time is the easiest reference, because ever1 can check his/her/its offset by looking at the bottom of the forum

nicely worded shaitan. i approve.

Originally posted by SKILORD
gee i must have really screwed up eh?

No, we are just trying to avoid the sort of public outcry that could have come if something had gone horribly wrong in that one turn, whether or not it had actually been your fault.

Under the circumstances of last Sunday I would say no one screwed up. there is room for improvement in getting turns processed and I commend the efforts to work in that direction.

RE: posting turn chat times.

This was not done for last Sunday and I ended up wandering in near the end of the turn chat session. I don't think the time was posted ahead of time - please correct me if I am wrong. i timed my entrance based on the assumption that turn chat takes place when it is around 11:30 pm in England (or Great Britain or whatever my friends across the big pond prefer to call their country).

Perhaps the trick is not to post the turn chat time 24 hours before every session but to schedule sessions on a regular basis and stick to the schedule. For instance every two days at 11:00 pm forum time - or what ever.

Then just use the COC to see who plays.

RE: ad hoc appointed representatives.

Why do we need them? If each department has posted their views on the upcoming descisions then each department's recommendation's are public record and whoever is running the game should be aware of them. The reason for having cabinet members or deputies at the turn chat is to deal with unexpected descisions that turn up. Does an ad hoc department spokesperson have any authority to make departmental reccomendations in these cases? Something to think about.

RE: proposed constitutional additions:

Point 1: Turn chats should be scheduled on a regular basis each term and should be in forum time.

Point 2: I agree.

Point 3: I agree.

Point 4: I agree and commend Shaitan for some forward thinking!:goodjob:

Top Bottom