• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Convince me to buy it!

ggganz said:
I really don't see the big deal, why would I get Warlords? If you convince me, I will get it, maybe. We'll see. But first, you have to tell me why I should buy it. Good luck, you'll need it. ;)
Simple, you support Fireaxis, so they can afford to produce Civ V. :D

Charles 22 said:
Hey, you don't happen to live in Sunnyvale Texas do you? Pretty small joint if you do. I live in that general area (Dallas) but have never known anybody that's lived there. I think you did the right thing, BTW, because Civ4 is less labor and is a better game in most respects.
No, CA, I will change that, thank you.
I don't think that Warlords is better because it just has two new units, several new civs and leaders, new unique buildings (a feature that I do agee with), and the Vassal states feature, which I don't understand. Can someone explain it to me?

ggganz said:
No, CA, I will change that, thank you. And, I don't think that Warlords is better because it just has two new units, several new civs and leaders, new unique buildings (a feature that I do agee with), and the Vassal states feature, which I don't understand. Can someone explain it to me?

I might have mis-spoke. I was talking about Civ 4 being better than Civ3 (not warlords), since you mentioned having both and deciding to go with Civ4 instead. Yes, warlords is 'sort of' better, that is if it works as intended, For the moment it doesn't for me though I am trying some things.

I don't really understand vassal states either for what that is worth, but I think it's explained pretty well in the manual because I did read about it once.

I might get it but I have a question--how many new units are in, and is there any changes to the tech tree?

My vassals refuse some of my most outrageous demands for cash, gpt and resources. Are they supposed to be able to do that?

Anyone know where i can get a nice pizza?

Convince me to eat something more healthy!

I just picked it up on Tuesday and the Barbarian mod is worth it alone. You don't know how maniacally I've laughed wiping out the Germans, Romans et al with my horde. Buy it and see.

Barbarians is cool, yeah.

That being said, I find that I play FfH far more then I play Warlords... I downloaded it while waiting for Warlords to arrive, and it took much of the fun out of it.

Final opinion: Don't buy Warlords just for Warlords itself... buy it for the multiplayer and the mod capability.

But do try Barbarians at least once...

Depends what you like. Thin crust without a lot of toppings? Naples. Deep dish, covered in stuff? Chicago.

fine dont buy it.

i am using the effects of reverse psychoology.

but honestly i dont really care. just hoped my method convinced you.:lol:

its up to you to buy warlords buy civ4 warlordsim not saying you buy it but it wouldn't kill you to try and get it
sdrolraw 4vic yub

Top Bottom