Cool Pictures 14: no , it wasn't me who painted Mona Lisa

20240302_163003.jpg

Ryo Takemasa

View attachment 686077

I read that commercial drones are (by law in most areas) restricted to flying up to 400 feet.
However some can fly at altitudes used by passenger airplanes.
I don't see how anyone can climb up there and balance safely, without equipment to keep them steady. If he's wearing a climbing harness, I don't see it.

View attachment 686077

I read that commercial drones are (by law in most areas) restricted to flying up to 400 feet.
However some can fly at altitudes used by passenger airplanes.
Just looking at that picture makes my [gear] shrivel up. :lol:

I don't see how anyone can climb up there and balance safely, without equipment to keep them steady. If he's wearing a climbing harness, I don't see it.
They don't balance safely. They balance very unsafely.

Occasionally these 'daredevil' photos are clever fakes. There's a famous rock on a mountain outside Rio De Janeiro that tourists use for fake 'stunt' shots. If you take a picture from the right angle, it creates an optical illusion that you're high up. If the woman in the pic below slipped and fell, she wouldn't even get the wind knocked out of her. She's like 3 feet off the ground. But I have no reason to think that's the case for the guy pictured above NYC. Unless it's a well-done Photoshop job, he's probably genuinely courting death.
Spoiler :

Unless it's a well-done Photoshop job, he's probably genuinely courting death.
That's the thing. It screams Photoshop to me. Unless you're going to tell me the wind never blows high up in the air, and he can be perfectly balanced up there, my BS detector is going off.

Funny how nobody seems at all curious about him being there. You'd think at least one person would be looking out the window or someone (cops, for instance) would be on the way to find out wtf is going on.

It's paywalled.

Proof that the Moon is not made of green cheese:

Spoiler :
oreo-moon-phases.jpg

It's made of OREOS! :yumyum:

21st Century Anglosaxon depiction of a Japanese nobleman

16-03-2024.jpg

what ? Are you suggesting great warrior Shimpsone Homeru is some hairy dude ? Would say ape , but it is dangerous these days .

16-03-2024b.jpg

Moderator Action: Back to real pictures of interesting places and things please. If you want to talk about the Simpsons, please start a new thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom