Corporation costs, an in depth analysis!

I'm sure this has been debated before, but I can't find a clear answer via search function.

Corps do nice things, objectively. However, they have an opportunity cost of not running State Property (and probably Police State). SP gives reduced city maintenance and boosts workshops.

Spreading Corps cost hammers for the executive and cash to found. You'll also probably find yourself getting distracted by building Rock'n'Roll or something to trade for more resources.

Has anybody ever worldbuildered a comparison between the same empire set up to run Corps, as situation A, and then farmed and workshoped over everything as situation B?

Obviously, corporations do powerful stuff, but with all of the investment put into them, I wonder if just going all-in hammer economy can't build a really big Infantry/Artillery stack and just win the game before the corporations get rolling.

I wonder why I can't create Civilized Jewelers with my Great Artist. I have Mass Media and Gold, and no one else has created it yet... Any ideas?

Besides State Property, these are all possibilities:
- Mercantilism if you have not patched to 3.17 or 3.19
- you don't know Corporation tech (amazing how many times I've forgotten this)
- your city already has a HQ of a competing corporation (Mining Inc)
- somebody else has already founded Civ Jewelers
- you don't actually have the gold resource (you're trading it away)

Top Bottom