1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Corporation Overhaul: The WASP mod

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by NerfCothons, Jul 17, 2009.

1. NerfCothons

NerfCothons Warlord

Biggest thing is significant changes to the early two guilds. The importance of the HQ is reduced and most medival spawning civs spawn with a guildsman. I've also spent some time tinkering with the stability code but I'll release those changes separately.

I've also made a couple changes to improve Catholicism's early game longevity.

2. Cosmos1985

Cosmos1985 King

Iirc the HQ of Jewelers Guild and the other early one only gives 1g pr. city with the corp - how on earth can you nerf that? :)
    (.. nerf... hahaha.. nerf.. ok.. sorry..)

3. CellKu

CellKu Emperor

Did you take down the file? Filefront says "no file available"? Could you upload it again (the version for BTS RFC 1.186)?

4. gazius

gazius Warlord

I get the same error, was looking forward to trying this.

5. Cosmos1985

Cosmos1985 King

Seems like OP had gone Awol for the time being, does anybody have the files on their harddisk, and is able to upload them somewhere?

6. variousletters

variousletters Chieftain

This mod seems to address a bunch of issues I've had with RFC for a long time.

OP, pleeeease come back and fix the link, pleeeeease!

7. NerfCothons

NerfCothons Warlord

Oh hi. OK so there is no new version of WASP because I was hoping that Protestantism would be updated and it wasn't. However it appears to be moot since Civ V is coming out so soon. I expect to be implementing capitalism into Civ V assuming it's accessible to the modding community. However, I will gladly re-post 1.2. Someone should explain to me how to use the Civfanatics site to host something because I sure can't figure it out, nor care to spend the time.

8. variousletters

variousletters Chieftain

Thanks for reposting the file! I've been looking forward to a corp. overhaul for a long time :)

9. Cosmos1985

Cosmos1985 King

Is 1.2 compatible with the latest RFC patch?
    And well, a lot of us are for sure staying here, even when Civ V is coming out, but if you're leaving that's of course your choice :king:

10. MrBanana

MrBanana Prince

Umm, what is with the name? WASP? Its like releasing an Italy mod and calling it "Gino 1.0".

11. CellKu

CellKu Emperor

NerfCothons, thanks for uploading the mod again! :)

12. NerfCothons

NerfCothons Warlord

It is not, if I start playing Civ 4 again I may update it but I love Panopticon's protestantism mod so much that to think of playing my own mod without protestantism doesn't entice me much.

13. NerfCothons

NerfCothons Warlord

To anyone who's offended by the name, I really couldn't care less.

14. Cosmos1985

Cosmos1985 King

It's really a shame - your mod is the only thing existing (to the best of my knowledge) that makes the rush for resources make sense. I really really miss it :)

15. Tlönitte

Tlönitte Prince

Oh for the return of 20th Century Oil Wars!!

16. Cethegus

Cethegus King

Yes. It's strange given that how easily corporations could be utilized as means of imperialism, WASP's the only one to make a gameplay quirk of them. Especially in a mod in which Trading Companies should be running ablaze colonizing everything.