Corruption & Capital Connection?

krille

CivDOS Fanatic
If I've understood things correctly, connecting a city to the Capital reduces its corruption due to distance by 15% (see the thread Do you think you understand corruption (pre-C3C)? for more info).

My question is, for this distance corruption calculation, does the Forbidden Palace count as a second Capital?

Example:
In my current game all of my cities (except the Capital) are connected to the Forbidden Palace by road, but the Capital is cut off (it's not connected to a single city, unfortunately). Does this mean I won't get the 15% capital connection "bonus"?

(I'm currently playing Vanilla, but I have both expansion packs, so if there are any differences, please, let me now.)

Thanks!

in vanilla, the FP acts as a second palace, yes, removing corruption by proximity. I believe PTW is also this way. It changes in Conquests tho. The FP only acts to remove corruption in the city it is built in and by an additional slight margin across your empire.

I can see why you would misunderstand me (which is my fault for not being clear enough), but I wasn't asking about the proximity calculation (the distance factor, Fd). I was interested in the connection factor (Ft).

My cities are connected to the FP, but not the Palace. Do they still enjoy the 0.85 "connected to the capital" bonus multiplier?

Example:
You have a city, that is not yet connected to the Capital, suffering a total of 50% distance corruption. In order to help the situation, you build an Airport in the city, as well as the Capital. Your city is now connected to the Capital enjoying a new shiny bonus 15% reduction to distance corruption; the new distance corruption in the city is 0.5 * 0.85 = 0.425 or 42.5%.

What if, instead of building Airports in your cities, you'd connect the city to the Forbidden Palace, by road. Would connecting the city to your Forbidden Palace still grant you the 15% bonus reduction multiplier?

I can't say that I've ever tested it, but I think the answer is that you would not get the reduced corruption. I would assume that it is the same calculation as the trade network - can you trade luxuries that are connected to the Forbidden Palace but not the palace? If the answer to that is no (and I think it is), then I think you would not get the corruption reduction either :dunno:.

I can't say that I've ever tested it, but I think the answer is that you would not get the reduced corruption. I would assume that it is the same calculation as the trade network - can you trade luxuries that are connected to the Forbidden Palace but not the palace? If the answer to that is no (and I think it is), then I think you would not get the corruption reduction either :dunno:.

The answer is no.

Top Bottom