1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[C3C] COTM154 Mongols Deity -- Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of the Month' started by Più Freddo, Dec 23, 2020.

1. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

congratulations, CFR, the first Deity win is a big thing! ;)
    t_x

General_CFR likes this.
  2. Fergei

Fergei Chieftain

Having completely missed the keshik power spike I finally became a power by the dawn industrial era, primarily due to the constant warfare amongst the AI that they never involved me in. I don't think I would ever have caught up otherwise.

I toyed with an assault on Spain, who seemed to be struggling to get resources throughout the game but having not won on Deity I took the cowards way out and focussed entirely on building the United Nations getting a presumably inevitable diplomatic victory since I traded with almost everyone and nobody so much as bothered to threaten me. Ghengis the pacifist was victorious in 6hrs 57mins of governor utilising, worker automated speed running!

The stars were in alignment and it pretty much proved to me that barring a freakish amount of good luck, as in this game, that my very hurried play style would not be sufficient to win on default Deity rules. If anyone had declared war on me at any point before I'd rolled out my factories it would have been Goodnight Vienna.

General_CFR likes this.