1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Countdown to Brave New World Pack

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Stonecutter9, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

I can't wait to play at midnight...I'll have to make sure I catch a nap at some point today. :D

2. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

10 minutes? It will take at least an hour to dl on my connection.:/

3. Twahn

Twahn Chieftain

Aussies are getting it 8 hours earlier than that.

I'd say the unlock times are based on region/timezone. We're getting it at midnight local time. :D

4. Stellarnight

Stellarnight Warlord

Oh god the misery! 3 days and 10 hours! This wait...is consuming my soul! Let me play one final game of Gods and Kings in which i will then go into Cold Turkey and await the glorious sunshine of a Brave New World!

5. Soil

Soil ねねね

Oh, that's pretty good!

Does anyone know if it is staggered for the small differences in timezones across Europe? The link I gave was according to the release time indicated on the BNW page on Steam (I'm in the UK). I was assuming Steam would do what they've done in the past and lump everyone not in North America into the GMT release time.

But I do remember that the last game I pre-ordered I had to wait several hours into the day because it was randomly decided to unlock globally after midnight PDT. :cry:

But nice to see they're not just lumping everyone into the same zone for Civ!

6. chrisjwmartin

chrisjwmartin Chieftain

Really annoying that it's being released so late outside North America. Typical Yankee racism. Moderator Action: Don't troll around like this.

7. digrosz

digrosz Dirty Frank

14 hours!

8. AlpsStranger

AlpsStranger Jump jump on the tiger!

Right, because we're racist against Europeans. :hmm:

From what I understand it's Europe's brick and mortar stores causing the problem, not some kind of American conspiracy.

Moderator Action: Report the post, do not answer it. It only feeds the troll.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

9. MonorailCat

MonorailCat Chieftain

14 hours .... until the pain and misery seeing everyone play the game, while I have to wait 3 more days, begins ... ;)

10. chrisjwmartin

chrisjwmartin Chieftain

Right, because American media is never racist against the English. :hmm:

11. AlpsStranger

AlpsStranger Jump jump on the tiger!

12. IkM

IkM King

3 days, 9 hours, 28 minutes...

13. Bakspatel

Bakspatel Prince

Actually [off topic] you are. We didn't miss Rick Santorum telling lies about us intentionally killing elderly people, that actually made the headlines in all newspapers. Or Fox news telling lies about the state of our country.

Edit: I'll also just leave it at that, before the topic derails.

Moderator Action: Please keep the political junk out of the game forums. If you have an issue with a post, report it, do NOT answer it.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

14. oddtail

oddtail Warlord

I agree with the sentiment, but to nitpick: this picture misquotes the line ;)

15. 78stonewobble

78stonewobble Chieftain

"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

Still ... even given the onions you should be safe, but it's a matter of principle!

16. seancolorado

seancolorado Deity

This is like punching someone and then saying "I won't punch you"

17. Chandra Gupta

Chandra Gupta Chieftain

—HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE.
    —You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

18. Bakspatel

Bakspatel Prince

Yeah it wasn't smooth:mischief: afterwards I figured it to be a reply that could create some debate which could kill the topic. So yeah I'll just leave it at that even if others reply to it.

Ontopic again? So the whole worlds unlocks BNW on the exact same moment or are there different regions?

19. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

No - North America gets it in about 13 hours or so. Here's the timer for you and I.

20. Bakspatel

Bakspatel Prince

With the whole world I actually meant those unfortunate not to be living in NA :p I can imagine that they can start playing a few hours earlier in for example New-Zealand or Japan.