Countdown to Brave New World Pack

Did that, BNW is still an option in DLC I select it and nothing happens. Restarted many times, nothing happens.

Thank you Steam.

just in case, try starting Steam offline and tell the others if it works...

My god, DirectX 9 is STILLLLLLLLLLLLL installing. step 20 of 42....... is it taking this long for anybody else? :/ It's been going at it for like half an hour.

Did that, BNW is still an option in DLC I select it and nothing happens. Restarted many times, nothing happens.

Thank you Steam.

It sounds like perhaps the gameplay dll has not downloaded yet (perhaps due to busy servers). Do you see a dll in the assets/DLC/expansion2/ directory?

It sounds like perhaps the gameplay dll has not downloaded yet (perhaps due to busy servers). Do you see a dll in the assets/DLC/expansion2/ directory?

there is no directory file in my Expansion 2 folder

IS it just me, but I thought I could get a jump on a 9pm to play it (west coast)

It looks like the expansion downloaded as Brave New World is a listed option under DLC but when I try to check the box nothing happens?

Edit: reloaded steam and BNW is now loading properly.

there is no directory file in my Expansion 2 folder

If you do not see the dll (I believe it's called expansion2.dll), then your installation is not yet complete. Usually restarting Steam will trigger this, but if Steam is particularly busy, this can sometimes take longer. I am guessing this is what's happening for you based on the behavior you're describing (BNW in the DLC menu, but cannot enable it).

Soooo... I'm still a bit curious of why the staggered release these days?

Is it really a different version for us euros and others?

I would have thought it was one release multiple languages nowadays.

Or is it something like, not wanting the entire market downloading any lastminute patches or even the entire game at the same time. Keeping the bandwith and server usage artificially down to avoid problems?

Anyone know?

Soooo... I'm still a bit curious of why the staggered release these days?

Is it really a different version for us euros and others?

I would have thought it was one release multiple languages nowadays.

Or is it something like, not wanting the entire market downloading any lastminute patches or even the entire game at the same time. Keeping the bandwith and server usage artificially down to avoid problems?

Anyone know?

I heard that this staggered release is caused by the difference in retail shops sales strategies between NA and EU. In NA, retail shops release boxed copies on tuesday while in EU, retail shops release it on fridays. Hence the online versions must follow suit even though it does not make much sense because apparently, boxed copies are still selling quite well compared to their online brethren so publishers tend not to want to offend the retailers.

I heard that this staggered release is caused by the difference in retail shops sales strategies between NA and EU. In NA, retail shops release boxed copies on tuesday while in EU, retail shops release it on fridays. Hence the online versions must follow suit even though it does not make much sense because apparently, boxed copies are still selling quite well compared to their online brethren so publishers tend not to want to offend the retailers.

Oh yeah ... I'd forgotten that explanation. You're right.

Well I do understand letting boxed copies determine release online as well. It was just the geographical difference I pondered. :)

I've been waiting for someone to ask this. I stayed up nearly all night... And STILL it hasn't released... Dissapointing

I talked to Aspyr Ryan on a thread I recently posted; it SEEMS as if we'll get BNW during the day. Sadly, I leave my house at 4pm and I only return back in a week so I might not get it in time :cry:

I talked to Aspyr Ryan on a thread I recently posted; it SEEMS as if we'll get BNW during the day. Sadly, I leave my house at 4pm and I only return back in a week so I might not get it in time :cry:

Noooooo.... I wish we had a time. Just to prepare. I don't understand why it isn't just put up now... The App Approval process should've been done a while ago.

OMG it's finally up... YAAAAAAAAY!
Downloading the update that will allow me to purchase BNW as an "in-app purchase" as I type...

Top Bottom