Couple quick AOD2 questions

Gnomercy

Chieftain
Let me start off by saving this MOD has literally saved this game for me. I'd given up on this version of Colonization and this MOD makes it fun again. As a lover of the original Colonization you get HUGE props from me and a big thanks.

Couple quick questions...

Are Custom Houses in the game and I am just missing them?

What ini setting do I need to change to have Colonization lauch AoD by default?

Sorry if these have been asked before =(

Thanks in advance for any help!

What ini setting do I need to change to have Colonization lauch AoD by default?

Change your desktop icon shortcut path (so right-click properties to get to it) to:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis\Games\Colonization\Colonization.exe mod=\AgeOfDiscoveryII

Or whatever path it is. The "mod=...." is the important bit.

Are Custom Houses in the game and I am just missing them?

Yes. They are an upgrade of a warehouse and require a certain level of other buildings to be able to build. (Lumber Mill I think) Might also be a minimum population requirement as well. Dale can tell you what the exact requirements are.

Thanks for the quick response! I'll try changing the icon tonight!! I need to get a bit deeper into the game for the Custom House I guess.

Thanks again!

Changing the shotcut actually did not work for me :( Did I miss something?

Change your desktop icon shortcut path (so right-click properties to get to it) to:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis\Games\Colonization\Colonization.exe mod=\AgeOfDiscoveryII

Or whatever path it is. The "mod=...." is the important bit.

Yes. They are an upgrade of a warehouse and require a certain level of other buildings to be able to build. (Lumber Mill I think) Might also be a minimum population requirement as well. Dale can tell you what the exact requirements are.

Changing the shotcut actually did not work for me :( Did I miss something?

Try with a / instead if \

Will give it a try. I should of done that already.

I am a special kind of smart.

Top Bottom