Creating an action

Smoo

Chieftain
Howdy. Never modded this (or any) game before, but decided to get my feet wet this time. I'm just having trouble deciphering where the info is that I need. I've waded through most of the XML files and started poking my head into Lua files but so far haven't found what I'm looking for.

I'd like to add a Sentry action for units. As far as I can tell, I'm not asking the game to do anything it doesn't already know how to do... the game knows how to sleep a unit, and it knows how to cancel a unit's action when enemies are within range (as it cancels a Go To extended movement), I just don't know how to find references to those behaviors and how to combine them into a new action.

Can anyone at least point me to the right part of the file structure to start sorting this out? TIA.

If I'm understanding things right, I will eventually need to add an entry to UnitOperations.xml, but from what i can tell that file just contains refrence information that can be referred to by other things (like whatever generates the action selection choices), and I may need the entry for Sleep in there to incorporate into Sentry... I've no idea where I'd find reference to a "wake when enemy near" or similar behavior. Would that be in the source code somwhere? Should I wait for the SDK?

Top Bottom