Creating and Using Leaders

Originally posted by alexman
It's not a rumor, it's true.

You cannot get a MGL if you already have any type of leader active. There is no other restriction.

I tested this a while ago.

That would explain it, my elite Sipahi have swallowed two empires without getting an MGL while my SGL waits to build Darwin. I hope they change that.

Yes, it's true... No MGL while having an SGL...
In my currently won game (Dutch, Emperor, Standard Map) once I have 4 GLs in one turn. AFAIR the first one was SGL (hurried Smith) the other 3 were MGL (always created army when appeared):

Attachments

• HunGOTM8_4leader.jpg
    HunGOTM8_4leader.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 564
Where do you get screenshot assistant?

alexman said:
It's not a rumor, it's true.

You cannot get a MGL if you already have any type of leader active. There is no other restriction.

I tested this a while ago.

There is an exception for SGL in C3C... You can have 2 SGL at the same time.
I played a game and I had one SGL and i wanted to wait for the next wonder to rush so i kept it in city and when i researched next tech I've got myself 2nd SGL.. so i used one to rush a wonder and second to boost science.

The fact that you got two SGL at the same time, doesn't contradict the statement you quoted above. :)

alexman said:
The fact that you got two SGL at the same time, doesn't contradict the statement you quoted above. :)

Never said it did.... just put it as an add-on :crazyeye:

Fair enough, although that add-on was already included in the "There is no other restriction" part.

So having any leader will prevent a MGL, but neither will prevent another SGL? Wierd.

I would like to focus your attention to a possibilty that I didn't seen discussed in this thread:

Can a leader be created when an Army wins a battle ?(An army with only Elite Units inside it)

Or does the army need to be Elite?
If so what are the probabilities of an Army get to Veteran and then to Elite status?

I asked this because today I made a test.

I created a map where I would start with lots of elite units and some armies available.

I also created a city for the Mongols with 1500 Warriors in it
After a few minutes of the suicidal attacks of Warriors against a good number of Modern Armor or Mech Infantry
I would get my Victorius Unit pop-up
Which implies that I was getting the leader (I didn't see it because that would require that the 1500 completed this suicidal round which would take too long and there was no point since I establish that that map had no problem creating leaders

So I went to the next step of the experience.

I created 5 armies of 4 Elite Mech Infantry each.
After some time (I declare war put my troops in position and ended the turn) of slautering the Mongol Warriors I still didn't had one victorius unit pop-up
So after more than 1500 victories of Elite units inside an Army no Leader had been created yet,

So I assume that the Armies that we get on a regular game can't create Great Leaders.

Or am I wrong?

I think you're right....Armies CAN'T create Great Leaders. :)

Clearly, one of the masters of the game. I look forward to reading more from you. :goodjob:

F1G0 said:
I would like to focus your attention to a possibilty that I didn't seen discussed in this thread:

Can a leader be created when an Army wins a battle ?(An army with only Elite Units inside it)

Or does the army need to be Elite?
If so what are the probabilities of an Army get to Veteran and then to Elite status?

I asked this because today I made a test.

I created a map where I would start with lots of elite units and some armies available.

I also created a city for the Mongols with 1500 Warriors in it
After a few minutes of the suicidal attacks of Warriors against a good number of Modern Armor or Mech Infantry
I would get my Victorius Unit pop-up
Which implies that I was getting the leader (I didn't see it because that would require that the 1500 completed this suicidal round which would take too long and there was no point since I establish that that map had no problem creating leaders

So I went to the next step of the experience.

I created 5 armies of 4 Elite Mech Infantry each.
After some time (I declare war put my troops in position and ended the turn) of slautering the Mongol Warriors I still didn't had one victorius unit pop-up
So after more than 1500 victories of Elite units inside an Army no Leader had been created yet,

So I assume that the Armies that we get on a regular game can't create Great Leaders.

Or am I wrong?

I made a somewhat similar test a while ago and I can 100% confirm that armies CANNOT generate leaders. It doesn't help that the army unit itself is elite, which BTW is impossible in the standard game since the army unit itself cannot promote.

thinking of seaborne strategy I was wondering, if it is possible to get a leader, when an elite unit from a ship (marine, berserk) attacks a stack, wins a battle and stays on the ship.

I guess it's impossible, when the ship is fully loaded, but how about the odds if there's a free space for a hero?

Any experiences?

Wow, did not think this was possible. Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom