'Cultural Burden' quest - no location

Actually I finally figured it out much later in the game. In the later game I found a temple and after the initial expedition I was instructed to send in a soldier, which continued the quest.

The cultural burden quest actually wants you to clean the debris out of the xenomass, not drain the pond. Taking a cue from the other quest I sent a soldier up and found the option to do so.

This quest needs better directions... I don't recall any indication to use a unit on that tile.

So what exactly am I supposed to do to drain the Xenomass pile? An expedition will fail the burden quest.

Has anyone figured this out or is it a bug. I have the same issue and i have moved every type of unit into the hex and i still don't get any action button for the quest. It has been way over 20 turns and I am playing with all 8 factions.

Has anyone figured this out or is it a bug. I have the same issue and i have moved every type of unit into the hex and i still don't get any action button for the quest. It has been way over 20 turns and I am playing with all 8 factions.

Same problem, along with having to use windowed mode to play @ 1080p with my 144hz monitor...

The button is to the right of all the "Action" buttons on a given unit, it's not where you'd expect from the expedition button on an explorer, although that's where it "should" be. Try a basic soldier on that hex.

I have an update for this bug. Some saved games to hopefully pin it down.

Played another game, the bug popped. Except I realized that I had an explorer conduct an expedition on that spot BEFORE the quest popped.
I found the auto-save while it was in the middle of expedition, but even after I moved the unit away, it refused to recognize the site for the quest (turn 61). So I went to the auto-save BEFORE that (10 turns, turn 51) and played from there. The quest still hasn't even appeared and I'm at turn 74.

Hopefully this can help more!

Edit: For clarity. The "site" is on the hill. In the bugged save, it's the site with the explorer (not the on in the forest).

Attachments

• Before the bug.CivBESave
    532.3 KB · Views: 132
  • Bug in progress.CivBESave
    554 KB · Views: 159
Not sure if this helps but, I think the quest only bugs out for me when I play with all the sponsors in the match, since the quest worked as intended when I played games with at least one sponsor missing, since the quest dialog after excavating it says that one of the sponsors didn't make it to the planet the game may not know how to handle that if all of them are in the game.

This quest bugs out 100% of the time with every faction in the game(e,g standard sized map/settings) as there's no 'failed' faction to crash land a probe. The quest shouldn't trigger, or simply it should be change to a non pickable made up faction that isn't related to selectable factions. That way it can trigger in any game and function normally.

For me the quest "hangs" on the first leg, there is a description in the quest log, but no check box. There is a tile but no actions / are associated with it.

Works fine in multi player I discovered last night. In SP i play with all 8 sponsors.

Hello there. One moth passed, bug (this one, and few others, too) still happens, makes me unhappy (blocking affinity progress). Do anybody knows when we could expect patch to BE?

Hello there. One moth passed, bug (this one, and few others, too) still happens, makes me unhappy (blocking affinity progress). Do anybody knows when we could expect patch to BE?

Sounds like they're working on a "big bang" patch, rather than feed us scraps that still leave other parts of the game broken. Patience, then.

Sounds like they're working on a "big bang" patch, rather than feed us scraps that still leave other parts of the game broken. Patience, then.

It better include AI improvements. I'd take a DLL release as a last resort.

Top Bottom