Cultural Conquest Challenge

MilesBeyond

Prince
I posted a thread about this years ago (man like almost a decade ago, ouch) but it's one of my favourite challenges so I figured it's definitely worth sharing again.

Settings:

Players: 18
Map Size: Duel
Map Type: Pangaea
Always Peace enabled
All victory conditions except Conquest disabled

You can only win by conquering other civs, but there's no war, so your only option? Culture flip their capitals!

I highly recommend playing 5 or so difficulty levels lower than what you're used to - even on Settler this can be a challenge for some, and a struggle for many at Chieftan. But it's a lot of fun. I normally play it as Alexander because that's funny to me for some reason - though he's not terrible, this is obviously a situation where PHI is just so good to have.

Sulla played a couple games like this. IIRC the issue he ran into was cities become virtually impossible to flip if they have 5+ units in them so he had to attack them just to get them to 1 unit and then possibly flip. Culture bomb hasn't been effective at flipping cities since vanilla so I'm not sure PHI is exactly required here. That looks like a crowded map possibly to the point of being stuck to one city, so I might want IND -> Stonehenge just to get the ball rolling.

Top Bottom