Resource icon

Cultural Diversity

JFD is there a way to add buildings depending on their Culture Groups?
For example Oriental Group can build Master Dojo or Training Dojo as Military Buildings etc

Yes, there is a way - is this something you want for yourself, or to be added to the mod? I can't do the latter, because of the pressures for art, but I could help with the former.

If you can give me a help i can make it to a mod depending on your culture Diversity.
I was thinking a new set of buildings and units based on your mod. The whole idea is based on C2C CIV4

Culture Group + Terrain (City Radius) + Resource (City Radius) + Tech + Religion (Optimal) = Unique Building/Wonder/Unit

An example
Oriental Group + Hill (City build on Hill) + Silk [Resource] + Martial Arts [Tech] + Buddhism = Shaolin Temple Wonder or Shaolin Monk or Master-Dojo etc

Another example
Central Group + City has access to coast + Iron + Chivalry + Catholicism = Hanseatic League or Teutonic Knights

All the other variables can be done expect your Culture Group id :)

If you can give me a help i can make it to a mod depending on your culture Diversity.
I was thinking a new set of buildings and units based on your mod. The whole idea is based on C2C CIV4

Culture Group + Terrain (City Radius) + Resource (City Radius) + Tech + Religion (Optimal) = Unique Building/Wonder/Unit

An example
Oriental Group + Hill (City build on Hill) + Silk [Resource] + Martial Arts [Tech] + Buddhism = Shaolin Temple Wonder or Shaolin Monk or Master-Dojo etc

Another example
Central Group + City has access to coast + Iron + Chivalry + Catholicism = Hanseatic League or Teutonic Knights

All the other variables can be done expect your Culture Group id :)
Azurial,

I thought when we chatted on steam you were asking if JFD's mod would interfere with the mod I wrote a while back for you using the ArtStylePrefix from the Civilizations table to control which "culture-type-building" to add to a city when it was founded or captured by a rival.

If you want and JFD has no objections I can adapt that method and add a building such as BUILDING_CULTUREBYLRS_JFDS_AFRICAN if the civilization belongs to JFD's CultureType JFD_African. Or a building such as BUILDING_CULTUREBYLRS_JFDS_ARABIC if the civilization belongs to JFD's CultureType JFD_Arabic.*

It might take me a couple-three days to get to, though.

* or some similar naming convention for such hidden buildings that JFD does not object to, because I know he likes to keep his initials special to code he has written, thereby avoiding the issue of two or more modders making a building with an XML/SQL name like BUILDING_SMELTER. Of which there seem to be about three different mods on the Steam workshop at the moment that have a BUILDING_SMELTER.

Looks like this is coming along nicely. And totalitarian Sami are best Sami. Is there a list of the events for each cultural group?

Tomatehk's Sumer is quite overpowered with this mod since they already have +1 population (+2 along rivers) as part of their UA and then on top of that the Mesopotamian culture group gives two extra. I started a game with them and founded my capital along a river (on a hill!) which resulted in an instant population of 5. This will be an easy start. :D

Spoiler :

I know, and I love it :D

Lee that will be great (if JFD has no objections).

Of course not; do what you need :)

Is there a list of the events for each cultural group?

No, but a quick run-down:

Spoiler :

Bharata - A new spiritual leader causes unease amongst religious minorities (Accept the teachings for a Prophet, reject them for Missionaries and an Inquisitor)
Central - The marriage between two families has created a dynastic union (City-State influence boost)
Colonial - Independence Day celebrations (We Love the King Day)
Eastern - A great assembly has been called together by the elite (Accept for golden age points, reject for culture)
High-American - Too many war captives have been taken prisoner (sacrifice for faith, execute for military XP, send to the capital for production)
Islamic - A new trade deal has been acquired (sell for gold, retain for Great Merchant)
Mandala - A white elephant has been discovered (a free White Elephant luxury)
Mediterranean - A philosophical debate has broken out (settle the debate from the realist perspective for military XP or from the subjectivist perspective for golden age points)
Northern - Midsummers Day celebrations (We Love the King Day)
Oceanic - Desire to explore uncharted islands (free ocean-faring Settler)
Oriental - A warrior pledges service to your name (free high-level military unit)
Semitic - ??
Steppe - A great horde rallies to your cause (free Mounted Units)
Sub-Saharan - A great migration occurs toward your empire (+1 pop in all cities)
Totalitarian - Celebrations of the glorious leader begin (+1 movement for Military Units or all citizens are executed)
Tribal - A vision of a great war chief (free Great General)
Western - An entrepreneur offers to pay for a colony (gold and a free settler)

Enabling CD (Core and Aesthetics) and then hitting continue gives me a CTD. When I disable those mods, it doesn't.

• Islamic:
    • Algeria, Arabia, Ayyubids, Berber, Cordoba, Durrani, Egypt (Modern), Iran, Kilwa, Kuwait, Libya, Mali, Morocco, Mughals, Oman, Ottomans, Songhai, Syria, UAE
  • Semitic:
    • Ethiopia, Israel, Nabatea, Philistines, Phoenicia, Sabateans
  • Steppe:
    • Alans, Azerbaijan, Huns, Khazaria, Mongols, Scythia, Sibir, Timurids, Uyghurs, Yakuts
  • Sub-Saharan:
    • Ashanti, Benin, Kanem, Kongo, Maasai, Monomotapa, Nri, Zimbabwe, Zulu
Are you mid-stream of adding these new culture groups? I downloaded the mod again this morning from your drop-box but I don't see anything in the code for these as yet.

I was just waiting on other parties to finish some art for the Semitic group, so now I can work to implement them and have it updated - again - today. Islamic, Steppe, and Sub-Saharan are purely nominative changes.

Core and Aesthetic versions (no music version as well - download this one and paste over the Aesthetic version in your mod folder if you don't want to re-download the whole thing; it includes the Semitic splash screens but not the soundtrack) updated to include the new Semitic group. Thanks to Regalman and Sukritact for their help, and Leugi and Tomatekh for the original suggestion.

Sami is where it's meant to be.

Core and Aesthetic versions (no music version as well - download this one and paste over the Aesthetic version in your mod folder if you don't want to re-download the whole thing; it includes the Semitic splash screens but not the soundtrack) updated to include the new Semitic group. Thanks to Regalman and Sukritact for their help, and Leugi and Tomatekh for the original suggestion.

Sami is where it's meant to be.

How so?

I imagine internet in Arstotska isn't the fastest.

Side note: JFD, as we (meaning our collective of modders here) expand the offering of civs from the Americas, would you be open to splitting your culture groups up for those areas? I would definitely like to see our Squamish in a hypothetical Pacific Northwest group (along with the Haida and potentially others), since Archery wasn't even much of a thing there.

It's just a joke :p The Sami are in the Northern group in-game.

Is the Aesthetics pack supposed to take several hours to download?

It is if you live in a country like NZ :lol:

Side note: JFD, as we (meaning our collective of modders here) expand the offering of civs from the Americas, would you be open to splitting your culture groups up for those areas? I would definitely like to see our Squamish in a hypothetical Pacific Northwest group (along with the Haida and potentially others), since Archery wasn't even much of a thing there.

Of course. Bring it on :D

Top Bottom