Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Blech

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Depends on SL specifics

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Tacit_Exit

King
Since we seem to be getting an alternative method of gaining a GL in the form of the 'Scientific Leader', why not include a Culturally triggered GL too?

It could be based on the first Civ. to break through certain culture thresholds, or city specific thresholds.

IMO the best implementation would be to mirror whatever mechanic is decided for the Scientific Leader generation.

Actually, though I voted yes for this poll. I'd like to clarify my position :)!!
I think that you should have great leaders in all fields-military and scientific, as they will now have, but also great industrialists-who can either be 'sacrificed' to fast-build an industrial wonder, or who can grant a civ-wide production bonus for x-turns. Then you could have a great artist, who can be sacrificed to fast-build a cultural wonder, or who can give a culture bonus, civ wide, for x-turns. Then you have a Great Religious Leader, who can either be sacrificed to fast build a religious wonder, or who can double the effects of all religious improvements for x-turns. Last of all, you have a Great Economist-who can either be sacrificed to fast-build a commercial wonder, or who can increase the effects of all commercial improvements, civ-wide, for x-turns. With the new Civ traits, I could also see a great naval leader, and a great agriculturalist being possible. The first would allow you to build a sea-based 'army', or can give +1 movement to all naval vessels for x-turns. A great agriculturalist would be sacrificed to fast-build an 'agricultural' wonder, or grants a food bonus civ wide. Obviously, civs with a matching trait get an increased chance of getting said leader. With the base chance being dependant on such things as the # of appropriate improvements!

Yours,
The_Aussie_Lurker.

WAY too many leaders- best to keep it simple, with only two GL who have a lot of options available to them

But many more...prefer war :evil: like me :groucho:

I like nameing the great heros of the empire.... and I Roman descendent- just doing whats in my blood :) (for that matter I've got a ittle viking in my blood too......not to mention a few other assorted toughies :D......

Originally posted by Portuguese
I didn't understand the pool options, so I just voted #1 who I suppose it means yes, I support.

Sorry. I was feeling a little flippant when I posted this.
Drool = Yes
Blech = No

Originally posted by Portuguese Just a problem: this would be difficult to implement and this should be very complicated to put in the game in a way that didn't unbalance it...

If the Scientific Leader is to be implemented as I imagine (leaning towards a standard GL gained when you are the first Civ. to enter a new age atm), then adding a similar trigger based on culture shouldn't be THAT complex.

I just really like the idea that you'll be able to get GLs without going to war now, but zooming up the science tree faster than a Deity AI is almost impossible, so a concurrent means of gaining peaceful GLs would bolster the effectiveness of a peacemonger approach in Conquests.

Definitely yes. There should be 2 and it should be Cultural and Military. Military and Scientific go hand in hand... conquer lots of land, get MGLs. Build up a big economy with that captured land, get SGLs. Conquest doesn't give you culture. :p

If they have cultural leaders then their function could be to allow the construction of Holy Cities (e.g. Mecca, Rome, Byzantium, Jerusalem etc). They could be small wonders with really high culture and they could spawn units; I think that would be pretty cool

If you're adding means to generate leaders, you might balance that by specializing their roles. For instance, all wonders could be classified by which sort of leader could hurry them.

I.e., military leaders could rush things like Sun Tzu's, but not TOE, and so on. And only military (and perhaps Religious?) leaders could create Armies.

What about revolutions possibly spawning Great Leaders, and giving GLs the additional ability to instantly end anarchy?

I like the concept of giving GLs the ability for loss-less revolution. "Rushing" a Democracy right after peace is signed...

Top Bottom