Culture bomb

KHSOLO

Warlord
Just went into a city that was fairly new and didnt have many titles (maybe two or three extra from buying them + what you get when you build them)

Went with the great artist, pressed culture bomb and ....nothing, not even one more title

wth?

Just went into a city that was fairly new and didnt have many titles (maybe two or three extra from buying them + what you get when you build them)

Went with the great artist, pressed culture bomb and ....nothing, not even one more title

wth?

a culture bomb turn the tile that the artist is in to yours, plus 1 tile all around him. so if you do it in a city that's already yours, nothing will happen. It's in the manual.

Yeah, this isn't Civ 4 where you add culture to a city, haha.

It's an actual AOE culture bomb centered @ the unit!

a culture bomb turn the tile that the artist is in to yours, plus 1 tile all around him. so if you do it in a city that's already yours, nothing will happen. It's in the manual.

To be honest, it's in the pop-up description when you hover over the culture bomb ability as well.

Some people gotta learn through trial and error.
But in all honesty if you came to the forums to ask about this, why didn't you go to the manual first?

It's easier to ask on the forums that to read it on the manual.

But it is even easier to read it in the tooltip, and it's clearly explained what it does there.

Some people gotta learn through trial and error.
But in all honesty if you came to the forums to ask about this, why didn't you go to the manual first?

Because the manual is extremelly unfriendly to read in the computer, not like a printed version

Ty anyway, i just figured it out the culture bomb happens around where the unit is and not around the city itself, bad old civ 4 habits i guess

Incidentally, I found yesterday that you can ignite the Culture Bomb whilst embarked (i.E., your GP is 'sailing'). Turned out to be extremely useful in that case...

Incidentally, I found yesterday that you can ignite the Culture Bomb whilst embarked (i.E., your GP is 'sailing'). Turned out to be extremely useful in that case...

That is right.

THINK before you use the Culture Bomb.

It doesn't have to be anywhere near your current borders!

Culture Bombs can save you a lot of money in acquiring tiles between cities for expansion in the race to block off land to the others and to frustrate your enemy's ability to roam freely.

I wish I had several Culture Bombs at once! :lol:

WAIT: Say what is that new Wonder in Civ5?

It doesn't have to be anywhere near your current borders!
I don't think this is true, based on my experience.

I was trying to spread my culture to an Aluminium resource that was 5 tiles from my city. The city had already spread to 3 tiles radius.

When I had the Great Artist on the Aluminium resource, the option to culture bomb was greyed out. Only when I was on one of the tiles that was 4 tiles away from my capital (and adjacent to my culture zone of control) was the culture bomb ability ready for use. In this case, I got both the 4th tile and the Aluminium tile with the culture bomb.

Yeah the GA has to be next to a tile you already own to be able to set it off. Think about it, if you could set it off anywhere it would be obscenely powerfull to just be able to wonder upto other peoples capitals and claim their land.

As the tooltip and the manual both state, the culture bomb needs to be set off either inside your territory or adjacent to it (1 tile out of your territory).

They can still be staggeringly useful. I used a lot of these during a OCC game to bring just-out-of-reach resources into my cultural borders. In one case having two (from building the Louvre) both set off mid-ocean in order to reach a strategic resource on an off-shore island.

Top Bottom