Culture: Wonder discussions.

I think purposely not building Wonders is foolish. They are a Major part of the game. We should strive to complete these as the AI will not.

I personally can not see sending our men into battle, should one of our neighbors declare war, without the benefit of Battlefield Medicine. That sounds a little too cruel to me. But you bozos want to push these real world issues of fairness and empathy on us, while sending OUR troops into battle without medical attention. Great logic.

We should also take a look at Universal Suffrage. The hawks want the US so they can get a lower level of War Weariness as they trapse across the continent spreading death and destruction. Therefore the same bozos that want to send our boys to war without medical attention, don't want us building the US because they think the hawks will use it for world conquest. No, take another look. When we advance far enough and our cities grow to metropolis size, we will need the US. If the world has had enough of our greatness and decides to declare war on us, the US will be very beneficial in keeping us happy and productive. Common sense.

Let's get away from this idiocy of self-restricting ourselves. We are not going to help the AI lose better or more efficiently. Next game we can play on a higher level, but shooting ourselves in the foot now in hopes of making the game easier for the AI is not the way to go. :rolleyes:

Cyc said:
Next game we can play on a higher level, but shooting ourselves in the foot now in hopes of making the game easier for the AI is not the way to go. :rolleyes:

Pretend our foot is bleeding and the AI are leeches. That's how the game is going.

blackheart said:
Given our limited wonders policy, Hoover's Dam would give us too much of an advantage, so would ToE. Battlefield Medicine, however, is a small wonder and should be built.

The way the limited wonders policy was set is that a wonder that gives a significant advantage is to be built for that specific advantage. If there is no specific advantaange then the wonder can be built to aid in fighting culture wars.

@Cyc,
I am willing to change my opinion on Battlefield Medicine and to re-poll US if I see several people arguing for them in this thread. At the minimum I need suggested build locations.

MOTH said:
The way the limited wonders policy was set is that a wonder that gives a significant advantage is to be built for that specific advantage. If there is no specific advantaange then the wonder can be built to aid in fighting culture wars.

ToE and US would give us a bigger advantage than Battlefield medicine.

I do not like Universal Suiffrage, but we should take the other military wonders. For example many armies will reduce the micromanagement of many units during turnchats.
The same applies to actually using the same units over again. US will give more units, and TCs would take longer. I prefer a smaller, but very competent army.

Provolution said:
I do not like Universal Suiffrage, but we should take the other military wonders. For example many armies will reduce the micromanagement of many units during turnchats.
The same applies to actually using the same units over again. US will give more units, and TCs would take longer. I prefer a smaller, but very competent army.

Universal Suffrage reduces war weariness, it doesn't give us the ability to field more units.

Provolution said:
Indirectly, war weariness per unit in the field
Please post a link to the factual data supporting this statement, Provo.

Cyc

what I meant, we need to have a strong military capability in order to use US, and when it is used or how, will depend on the length of the conflict and the number of units involved. Yet, US in itself stops war weariness generically by nr of turns.
But the more cities and units involved the more turns.

Provo.... what? Universal Suffrage lessens war weariness. War weariness isn't based on the number of units, it is based on the number of turns we are at war and whether or not if we are the aggressor.

Blackheart, the more units we have into the war, the more turns we get, hence indirectly.

Provolution said:
Blackheart, the more units we have into the war, the more turns we get, hence indirectly.

It doesn't affect our ability to field troops at all. Universal Suffrage would be for those extended wars. Us fielding more troops would avert the extended wars. So...? :confused:

So, that is the entire Dilemma of Republic and Democracy, if you think deeply over it.

Provolution said:
So, that is the entire Dilemma of Republic and Democracy, if you think deeply over it.

The dilemma is having extended wars. With Republic, Democracy, and Communism we can field large armies due to high income or the ability to support "free" units.

Would you boys stop arguing? The Universal Suffrage relieves War Weariness in a nation when it's a war. It reduces the total War Weariness the game applies to a nation (depending on the government your in, whether you are the agreesor, and how may nations you are at war with). It doesn't matter how many units you have, or how long you've been at war (it kicks in immediately), or if your socks match. It just doesn't matter! All it does is reduce War Weariness so that your cities remain happier and productive for a longer period of time during war.

A poll has been started on a pre-build for Theory of Evolution.

I will not start polling on Battlefield Medicine or Hoovers for this chat.

I'm personally in favor of building Hoover's in En'Gha, but En'Gha needs a factory first.

I still welcome discussion and suggestions on location for any of these wonders.

Factory first! Increased production will reduce the time needed, even it means spending a few turns on factory.

I'll :bump: this back up for discussion for the final chat of Term 4 (not tonight's chat).

The only 2 wonders coming up soon I am concerned with (the rest I'll leave for term 5) are Hoover's Dam, Battlefield Medicine, and a contingent build of Shakespeare's Theater.

Hoover's Dam: En'Gha is the only city that has been suggested for thisas a location for Hoover's Dam. It would start it sometime after a factory is built. The Palace would be used as a pre-build once Osgiliath is done with it. Its possible that US could be used as a pre-build as well depending on the timing of Osgiliath's pre-build and the results of other polls.

Battlefield Medicine: I will suggest that Epolenep build this (but see below). Universal Suffrage would be used as a pre-build after a factory has been constructed.

Shakespeare's Theatre: This is contingent on us acquiring the Free Artistry tech during a trade. The 'limited wonder' policy would have this built for use in fighting a culture war. As such I will again suggest Epolenep provided that Epo has already built a factory and started on the US pre-build. Earlier in the thread Zojoji was also suggested. Due to the 'limited wonder' policy, Zojoji would need to overide the policy to be selected. No other pre-build would be allocated to building this wonder at this time.

If no other suggestions come forward then I will start polling on these sometime tomorrow or Friday.

Polling has started on Hoover's Dam and Battlefield Medicine. I decided that with the potential of a Zulu war (and possible Great Leaders) that I would not poll a continent Shakespeare's Theatre.

I leave the fate of the other wonders in the capable hands of Ashburnham.

Top Bottom