cumulative resource effects

Neomega

Deity
So I was dreaming of FFH during a nap, (as always, thanks FFH, no more lesbian orgies dreams for me at night!)

anyways....

in this dream, I had tons of horses and rice

and I woke up, thinking cumulative effects would be cool. Like maybe just +1 :hammers: for your city for every iron and copper, maybe +5% heal for mounted units for extra horses, +.25 :food: per city for every extra food resource, (rice, cows) etc, etc...

BTS has corporations to make extra resources worth something.

Oh, and i Noticed there isn't any silver, but there are werewolfs (and vampires in some lore). Although it would suck to have every unit you make have a silver weapon promotion, perhaps there should be some common silver weapons/items, or maybe a national silver smith wonder, where all melee units from that city get the silver promotion.

I wish there was some cumulative benefit. I keep saying that, someday, I'll play a vanilla game to see what's up with corporations, but it's just not my thing. I'm addicted to this mod.
A few national wonders with some benefit that required X number of a resource would do the trick. Say, a national storehouse that requires three corn, all cities retain 10% of their stores when they grow. Or a grand forge, requiring four iron, that grants a big production bonus to one city.
Stuff like that would be fun.
On the balance side, large empires really don't need any buffs. Usually it's the large empires that will see a good number of any one resource. Where it's effect would be most interesting is one the early game where you might bet lucky and hit a cluster of gold or something. Depending on the bonuses provided, it could radically change what you're doing and how much you value a given area.
Of course, it would be rather complex and probably not going to ever be implemented in that fashion. I'd settle for a few hammers/commerce/food being added to all my cities for having large quantities of given resources.

Or play Orbis. The guilds are much more powerful and you can have them all in all cities (no competition). Don't forget to get your anti-aircraft tanks (cannon uu) and a (hero) mech.

FFH needs corporations/guilds (BTS type ones, that use resources). They were a good feature, no reason to not have them.

Of course there is a reason not to have them. There always reasons not to add stuff. Just adding for the sake of adding more stuff isn't a good enough reason.

It isn't just adding a feature but addressing the problem of 'what's the point in having 20 of this resource?'.

Of course there is a reason not to have them. There always reasons not to add stuff. Just adding for the sake of adding more stuff isn't a good enough reason.

There was a recent thread where people went on at length about how most of the resources are best used for the passive bonus and then paved over with cottage/mine/whatever. The idea that resources are better off ignored seems wrong to me, and to many others, it seems.

That's at least one reason to find something to do with excess resources.

It's up to Kael, et. al. to decide if that reason is worth the trouble of a change of some kind.

Top Bottom