Current game settups

greenfieldpark

Warlord
First off. I play this mod for 3 months on then 3 months off. Im always amazed at how much work is consistently done. This time is no exception and its incredible how much smoother the gameplay is without any issues. Truly well done to you all.

Now for my question. What are your current go to game setups? I myself usuallully play on immortal, standard speed, standard map size, continents, raging barbs, and random civ selected for myself and ai. I also add two extra civ slots to make the map a little more cluttered for added conflict.

What are yalls setup? Both your go to, as well as ocasional unique and fun setups?

King/Emperor, Standard size/speed, continent, Civ usually picked, no events, no tech trading

I play on deity, but as my 'handicap' I allow myself to restart several times to have a really decent start. 7 AIs, standard speed, communitu map, normal barbs, no tech brokering/trading and research agreements on. I used to complain about routine when playing 8 players on 2 continents, but now on communitu map it's a bit more random - especially when colonialism comes into play. Usually I start outdoing AI around late renaissance/early industrial era.

emperor/immortal, standard speed, standard size. random ai civs on communitas fork (sometimes archipelago/pangaea depending on who i pick), no tech brokering/trading/research agreements with community events.
playing on communitas usually means 4 civs on 2 larger continents, making naval combat a thing. unless im playing mid-game land UU like mongolia poland or zulu i like having some naval battles since they have a slightly different dynamic compared to land. (also u only have 2 types of units to worry about until modern-atomic)

deity, standard size, standard pace, communitu with default settings, all victory conditions, all advanced option checkboxes unchecked except no tech brokering (and quick combat/movement). my civ selection is never random. AI civ selection is random

occasional variations: no ancient ruins, or enable events system

Interesting. Ppl dont seem to go larger than standard. Myself included. Large is just a bit too....large.

However I find standard a little small. Need something in between. Maybe ill play with sea levels.

And might try the comunitas map script as well.

I used to play on larger maps sometimes, but that generally makes it easier for me (ditto for the terra setting on communitu). I'd still do it if I could up the difficulty to compensate, but no such luck.

I wish terra worked. Would love a well functioning scenario where there is one starting landmass for all players with space for max 3 cities to settle. Then another equal or larger landmass to be colonized.

The 2nd landmass in terra is always junk and the ai doesnt do a good job of colonizing.

immortal, standard speed/size, random ai, communitas map (blocky option), random oceans/rift width, no tech brokering/trading/research agreements, no bad events.

Interesting. Ppl dont seem to go larger than standard. Myself included. Large is just a bit too....large.

However I find standard a little small. Need something in between. Maybe ill play with sea levels.

And might try the comunitas map script as well.

I almost always play on huge continents. I like some more complicated diplomatic relations which requires more participants. Discovering a new continent truly feels more like a new world then, where they have had their own internal game going on for quite some time. It also means that the civ count doesn't become too low if 1 or 2 civs get annihalated.

I used to play King, Small continents plus or communitu, large size, standard pace, 18 CS, random AI civs with Shaka ever chosen because give movement to the gamepaly, all victory conditions but Cultural, no tech brokering/trading

I wish terra worked. Would love a well functioning scenario where there is one starting landmass for all players with space for max 3 cities to settle. Then another equal or larger landmass to be colonized.

The 2nd landmass in terra is always junk and the ai doesnt do a good job of colonizing.
My main problem with terra is that normally so aggressive in the early game, you basically have to carve out your path in blood, and by the time its time for terra expansion I've already bagged some vassals and either taken over on the main continent or gotten swallowed.

Yep that too.
My main problem with terra is that normally so aggressive in the early game, you basically have to carve out your path in blood, and by the time its time for terra expansion I've already bagged some vassals and either taken over on the main continent or gotten swallowed.

Part of the large being too...large, is because it is The maps are as follow
Duel: 40x24
Tiny: 56x36
Small: 66x42
Standard:80x52
Large104x64
Huge:128x80
Duel is designed for 2 players leaving 480 tiles for each player along with 2 city states (assuming even splitting and counting ocean tiles). Tiny, which is 4 players is 504 Tiles per person and thier 2 city states. Small is the smallest map at 462 tiles, Standard is 520 tiles, Large is sizable increase to 666 tiles, and huge is a whopping 853 and one third tiles per person

Part of the large being too...large, is because it is The maps are as follow
Duel: 40x24
Tiny: 56x36
Small: 66x42
Standard:80x52
Large104x64
Huge:128x80
Duel is designed for 2 players leaving 480 tiles for each player along with 2 city states (assuming even splitting and counting ocean tiles). Tiny, which is 4 players is 504 Tiles per person and thier 2 city states. Small is the smallest map at 462 tiles, Standard is 520 tiles, Large is sizable increase to 666 tiles, and huge is a whopping 853 and one third tiles per person
Good point. It's strange that it's not more normalized by adjusting number of players.

Tried comunitu map type. Played with a bunch of settings and wasnt happy with outcome.

I want 2 or more continents on the map of decent size. Regular continents map type does a fairly good job of this.

I find comunitu has wildly differing outcomes. To the point i have to use ige to check the map on game start to verify that itll be a good match for everyone. This spoils the exploration for me.

Often the map is snaky or the continents are too close to the poles leading to far too much garbage tundra or snow terraign. If anybody has success with comunitu maps let me know what settings u use please.

Hemispheres may be your preferred map setting then. It tries to keep 2 continents of relatively the same size with even number of players on each. Granted, it doesn't always succeed, but it's normally alright. Communitu map just picks a number of continents and lets it rip more, but even with tundra or snow starts I've haven't had a bad start on communitu, like i have had on continents

Huge, planet simulator, epic, immortal (now play Maya and plan Sweden, Zulu and Polinesia on Deity because they are strong civs). I play with 15 AI and 36 CS and low sea level.
Play with many modmods MUCfVP, UCS, MWfVP, Civic & Reform, Bare Necesseties.

in form: emperor, large, no tech trading/brokering, research agreements on, communitu map.

out of form: ditto, except on king.

when I want an extra immersive game: "in form" settings on huge, epic, with anywhere between 12-22 civs

Deity, standard speed and size, milae's map, more UC mod, picked civ, strategic balance resources, no ruins (except if civ has ruin bonus), no events, no tech trading + brokering, GG / GA points from barbs, no espionage except when playing a diplo civ.

With warmonger civs I also do the same but on huge maps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom