Current game settups

I've historically played with just 4UC on Immortal, small map, either communitu or HellBlazer's pangea sometimes with extra resources (I might also change some other settings depending on the civ I choose), no bad/neutral/trade events, Barb GG/GA points. I'll almost always re-roll my starts a couple times until I get something I like. However recently I've started playing on Deity but have used IGE to give myself some bonuses at the start (usually I just give myself a pantheon and replace my two starting units with scouts), because I found on Immortal with no cheating I would often be far behind by late classical, but if I survived past Renaissance I was more or less guaranteed the victory. Playing on Deity with a small handicap makes my game experience more consistent and more enjoyable, which is the end goal with a game you play against AIs anyway. Sure, I can see why people enjoy the challenge of super-charged early game AIs, but I don't like spending a few hours playing the early game only to get surprised warred by my AI neighbor who got spawned 10 free units in late classical and get totally steamrolled and have to start a new game.

Sometimes, I'll do wacky settings if I want to use some super-specialized civ. I love playing Venice or Portugal on Archipelago and going for max-gold trading empires, for example.

emp/immortal, pangea , low seas for more land settle space, barb gg/ga points, epic speed
I wish there were map scripts that made sure no civs started too close.

Top Bottom