1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Assets BUG / BUFFY?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Macintosh' started by OneLeggedRhino, Nov 20, 2011.

1. OneLeggedRhino

OneLeggedRhino King

I'm currently using MacBuffy with BTS (love the mod, by the way), and would like to do a custom assets installation so folks without the mod can still load my games. Either BUFFY or BUG, though I'd prefer BUFFY for the Better AI mod. If you can point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

2. s.bernbaum

s.bernbaum Mostly lurking

I can't comment on BUFFY, having never used it. For BUG 4.4, download the zipped file. Unzip it. The ReadMe file contains instructions to install BUG in CustomAssets. They work fine on a Mac. However, there is one line in the python file that must be edited out because it does nothing on a Mac but will crash the program. Quoting Alan H:

Of course, you can just find the file in the unzipped package before installing it and edit it there, which is what I did. I have been using BUG 4.4 for a long time now, having installed it as above.

3. OneLeggedRhino

OneLeggedRhino King

Splendid. Thanks for taking the time to explain it.