Custom Assets BUG / BUFFY?

I'm currently using MacBuffy with BTS (love the mod, by the way), and would like to do a custom assets installation so folks without the mod can still load my games. Either BUFFY or BUG, though I'd prefer BUFFY for the Better AI mod. If you can point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

I can't comment on BUFFY, having never used it. For BUG 4.4, download the zipped file. Unzip it. The ReadMe file contains instructions to install BUG in CustomAssets. They work fine on a Mac. However, there is one line in the python file that must be edited out because it does nothing on a Mac but will crash the program. Quoting Alan H:

You have to edit the Python file:

/Applications/Civilization IV/Beyond the Sword/Mods/BUG Mod/Assets/Python/BUG/BugUtil.py

and delete line 699. If you don't have a text editor with line numbers, just search for, and delete, the line:

newFunc.__name__ = function.__name__

Of course, you can just find the file in the unzipped package before installing it and edit it there, which is what I did. I have been using BUG 4.4 for a long time now, having installed it as above.

Top Bottom