1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[C3C] Custom Space Race victory

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Cimbri, Nov 17, 2020 at 3:06 PM.

1. Cimbri

Cimbri Deity

Hi guys,

I know there has been some experiments in other scenarios using Space Race victory, but I have never contemplated using it before now. My intention is to use it as a Victory Condition for a few specific factions in my scenario (I have already figured out how), but have anyone had any experience editing both the victory video and the individual parts, if less than 10 are used?

I am thinking 5 parts (in this game "Titles"), that need to be acquired (built) to win

• King of Macedon
    • Lord of Greece
    • Lord of Asia
    • Great King of Persia
    • Pharaoh of Egypt

They can only be built in specific cities, so you'll have to conquer a few key cities if you want to claim to be as grandiose as Alexander the Great.

Below: the gorgeous scenario that desperately needs a unique victory condition for the Hellenistic kings, so I can have both Conquest, Wonder, and Space Race victories.

Anabasis_screenshot_01.jpg

2. tjs282

tjs282 Socially distancing since 1975

Both @Civinator's CCM and @Balthasar's "Time Machine" represent successful total-conversion mods of the Firaxis Space-race VC.

The Time Machine was originally created for Balthasar's Steampunk Scenario collaboration, which you should be able to locate the threads for via Google, even if not CFC's own search-function. @Theov borrowed it to use in his epic-game mod as well.

AFAIK, you can easily modify the number of 'Spaceship' parts needed to win. At least, the Firaxis Editor has a box entitled "Spaceship" under the "General Settings" tab, including a fill-in box where the number of ship-parts required can be altered.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020 at 10:30 AM
  3. Nathiri

Nathiri Commander

btw, if you have less than 10 spaceship parts, the spaceship menu button in the bottom right will not appear. The victory will still function however.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020 at 10:10 AM
    tjs282 likes this.
  4. Cimbri

Cimbri Deity

Ah yes, I just found that out. As soon as you build the last part (part five) it goes directly to the spaceship VC cut-scene and then the victory screen. There is no option to launch. That is not really a problem, but it makes it harder to track progress ingame.

5. Cimbri

Cimbri Deity

Thanks! I am looking in to those scenarios for inspiration.

6. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Hi Cimbri. I wrote in my advanced Civ 3 modding tutorial about different 'space victory' settings in Civ 3. So in German, I think the images there are self explaining (and there exists the Google translator). You can find it here: https://www.civforum.de/showthread....Modding-Ecke&p=2516437&viewfull=1#post2516437

Especially ronning´s 'space victory' about restoring the Holy Roman Empire in my eyes is very spectacular and can become interesting for other historical mods/scenarios, too. Other modded space victories are in the mod Worldwide and the scenarios MEM, AoI and Anno Domini.

Until now I´m not aware, if the space victory can use different graphics for different civs, but I will test it this month for the next version of the scenario SOE.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020 at 8:15 AM
  7. WildWeazel

WildWeazel -- Turns to Completion

Lord of the Mods is another one with a custom space race

tjs282 likes this.
  8. MeteorPunch

MeteorPunch #WINNING Supporter

I made a mod with a similar Space Race victory type, Modern Age 2. I honestly don't remember how it all worked. You had to capture the 10 preplaced cities to win.I have a few screenshots salvaged from it:
    Spoiler :

AnthonyBoscia, Civinator and tjs282 like this.
  9. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter