Dale's MOD Code Factory

I'm not a mod maker but I could likely figure it out I feel.

My question if I read this thing read is can the bombardment mod be used to change the range of Artillery and Battleships to a tile range of 2 as opposed to 1 that they currently are. I seems that it can. If so any help or tips in doing this would be great. Thanks in advance.

Leatherneck said:
I'm not a mod maker but I could likely figure it out I feel.

My question if I read this thing read is can the bombardment mod be used to change the range of Artillery and Battleships to a tile range of 2 as opposed to 1 that they currently are. I seems that it can. If so any help or tips in doing this would be great. Thanks in advance.

That is correct. By adding this mod and setting <iDCMBombRange>2</iDCMBombRange> within that units section in Civ4UnitInfos.xml it will have a range of 2.

Dale

The recon option is an XML option in the units file. I can't remember which one it is but have a play around with it and you'll find it quick. Besides, I'm not going through your entire units XML file just to change that. 1. You know it better than me and can find the relevant units quicker than me, and 2. I don't actually have the time right now to do it. Sorry, but that's the facts.

everything that concers XML files i will do by my self ( of course ) , just thought it's not :)) plz, can u tell me the file name where i can change it? ( didn't find anything in civ4unitsinfos )

I downloaded and installed your Field Bombardment mod and everything seems to be working fine. This is a great mod, and is a feature that drastically increases the value of the artillery units.

However, I noticed a minor graphical error; after selecting the enemy unit to bombard, the artillery unit turns south (towards the bottom of the screen in the default view angle), fires on the enemy unit while facing south, and then turns to face the enemy unit.

Is there any way to correct this so that the artillery unit turns to face the enemy unit and then fires?

Also, I was wondering if its possible for the user to alter the Bombard City Defense range of the unit? I tried to do this; however, it produced XML errors when loading the mod.

Dale said:
Do you mean in the XML file, or in the actual source code itself?

BTW, bug noted about the MAD code. I've pinpointed it, and a patch will come out for it.

Dale
I just wanted to ask, how far the patch has grown?

I'm working out all the bugs in my full combat mod. Once that's worked out, new versions of these will be done and also Warlords ones too.

Dale

Hello Dale,

We have decided to include your Mod component as part of the Total Realism Mod since it adds much to the realism. :)

I have merged everything into the source codes and compiled everything perfectly fine. The XML files have been set as well. If I start a game, as soon as the Leader screen pops up (after 4000 years you have decided to settle down...." the cursor turns into a missile and when I click with that on the ok button the game crashes to teh desktop.

I am 100% the merge was perfectly done. What could have gone wrong? Do you have any suggestions please?

Many Thanks,
Houman

I would suggest waiting before merging as I'll be updating these components with fixes/updates from my main combat mod. :)

Dale

hello dale,

great job on your mods,

i think it brings the civ4 game to close to prefection :)

missiles and the bombard....absultly perfact udea to make.

though i wish to use these mods,
but i have no idea with what programs to merge th sdk files or dll files,
im not familiar with all of that, just xml editing,
do you think you can help?

I'd just like to clarify, but with the Ranged Field Bombardment mod are units which don't have the <bDCMBombard> tag set to 1 still able to bombard like usual against cities?

Also, do units which have the <bDCMBombard> tag set to 1 still able to bring down the defenses of a city?

Thanks

Gunner said:
I'd just like to clarify, but with the Ranged Field Bombardment mod are units which don't have the <bDCMBombard> tag set to 1 still able to bombard like usual against cities?

Also, do units which have the <bDCMBombard> tag set to 1 still able to bring down the defenses of a city?

Thanks

Hey Gunner,

1. No.
2. Yes, as well as defending units (once defence is 0).

Thanks for your reply Dale.

Hmm, would it be easy for me (with minimal C++ skills but ok python skills) or you to change it so that the answer to question 1 is yes :D

What I'd like to do is have all land siege units operate exactly the same as in Vanilla, but give naval units the ability to have the ranged bombard (mainly to represent their ability to project power inland via landing parties or plain bombardment) for a mod I'm making.

It wouldn't be too hard. It could be setup so that if a unit has bDCMBombard but not iDCMBombRange then it operates as per vanilla. Would this satisfy?

So in others words your catapults would have bDCMBombard = 1 but no iDCMBombRange tag. Your naval units would have both.

Dale

Dale said:
It wouldn't be too hard. It could be setup so that if a unit has bDCMBombard but not iDCMBombRange then it operates as per vanilla. Would this satisfy?

So in others words your catapults would have bDCMBombard = 1 but no iDCMBombRange tag. Your naval units would have both.

Dale
That would be perfect Dale. I think its something that others would also probably be interested in, people always like more options :)

Hey Dale, when are you going to post the code for the Combined Arms Stack Attack mod?

Top Bottom