Damage Preview

steass

Chieftain
I have tried searching for this but couldn't find it.

Before you attack a unit, at the bottom it shows the "damage" preview where it shows the bonuses etc...

In Civ 5, it shows clearly how much damage, the current hp of both units, and the hp of both units after the attack, before you decide to attack.

The new "damage" preview in civ 6; I have no idea is it worth attacking or not.

Not sure what you mean?
In this screenshot you can clearly see that I would take out more than half of this units health.

20161025142238_1.jpg

Also, if you hover over your unit's health-bar, it will tell you how much HP it got. Then just subtract the enemy unit's attack dmg, and you get your final HP.

Where you see the bonuses it also shows the rough estimate of the damage to both units. It's the colored bar that is half circle shaped. Just look on both sides and you will see how much damage and a written warning on the battle: Decisive victory, stalemate, etc...

I don't quite understand the objection here. The battle preview seems perfectly informative to me. It doesn't give you exact number for HP, but the combat strength is clearly spelled out, and the damage that will be done (and the current HP of both units) is shown in the semi-circular health bar.

I'm sorry I feel really stupid but I have no idea how to make sense of it.

In the old one you can clearly see that if you attack, the bar goes down ie. the bar is empty when ur attack kills the enemy unit.

I have no idea what I'm suppossed to be looking at in your image. How can you tell it will take "more than half hp"?

I'm sorry I feel really stupid but I have no idea how to make sense of it.

In the old one you can clearly see that if you attack, the bar goes down ie. the bar is empty when ur attack kills the enemy unit.

I have no idea what I'm suppossed to be looking at in your image. How can you tell it will take "more than half hp"?

The red semi-circle bar, next to the enemy warrior. The brighter red section at the bottom is how much health he will have remaining after attack (about a third).

Unit.png

I pointed out the part that you should be interested in.
As you can see in the red rectangle, you have the enemy unit's HP. The lighter red in his health bar is how much health that unit will have left after you attack.
The dark red part of it is how much he will lose if you attack.

In this scenario, my unit would not take any damage, as he is ranged so the enemy unit can't reach him. Therefor my unit's health bar will remain full as you can see by the bar being the same green color.

Was it a bit clearer now?

Top Bottom