• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

May I know how much is left before DoC 1.18?
Leo has not resumed working on the big map yet. There are more aspects of the codebase to update for the big map. The details and nitty-gritties for the new civs he's planning have not yet even been set, let alone implemented. We still have to do many rounds of test runs once those are all pushed.

That said, there's still a lot more to go, I guess.

If as England I have three cities: London with Catholicism and Edinburg and Dublin both with Judaism, is there any chance to get Protestantism to spawn in London when I have Academia researched?

It should spawn in London then.

Leo has not resumed working on the big map yet. There are more aspects of the codebase to update for the big map. The details and nitty-gritties for the new civs he's planning have not yet even been set, let alone implemented. We still have to do many rounds of test runs once those are all pushed.

That said, there's still a lot more to go, I guess.
I knew there were many things left, but not that many!

Reading through old posts I noticed that Egalitarianism was at some point planned to be unlocked by Civil Rights and Secularism by Sociology. This feels like a more intuitive connection to me, both thematically and timeline-wise, what was the reasoning for switching them?

Hi, I just finished a Polynesia Campaign (historical victory) on the most recent Git version, and received some error mesages:
Unrelated but: did someone ever try a non-historical Polynesia victory ? I've seen folks pulling a space race victory with Incas. Is it even worth to try with the Polynesians ?

Unrelated but: did someone ever try a non-historical Polynesia victory ? I've seen folks pulling a space race victory with Incas. Is it even worth to try with the Polynesians ?

I actually got an unintentional Religious Victory before reloading and WBing in a Great Engineer. Polynesia has a lot of territory to expand into so it's easy to build the lion's share of the 15 Pagan Temples yourself, which I find is the most difficult aspect of Pagan religious victories.

It should spawn in London then.
I believe I am on the latest git version. If I use the great scientist in London to bulb Printing and Academy, Protestantism will spawn in Edinburg, though the only city with Catholicism is London.

Attachments

• Alfred AD-1315 Turn 391.CivBeyondSwordSave
    790.8 KB · Views: 8
Which civs would be the most historically appropriate for the generic victory goals?

- Time: The game ends in 2020, the USA are still the dominant power with China as the probable runner up.
- Conquest: Nobody for obvious reasons. I guess the closest scenario would be nuclear annihilation so Cold War USA/Russia. Honorable mention to the Sea Peoples if they ever make it into the game! :crazyeye:
- Domination: The British Empire for land area and the Mongol Empire for second closest (with a bigger part of the population).
- Space Race: We've not reached Mars yet so the closest thing is "who contributed most to space exploration" so USA/Russia again.
- Diplomatic: This one is very fantastical but is intended to reflect USA's soft power so it's them again.

Culture is a little more difficult and open-ended. Obviously a great deal of subjectivity is involved here but I think that since this is about three cities with Legendary culture we can eliminate civs whose cultural prestige is dominated by one city (France with Paris) or two (USA with Los Angeles and New York). Better candidates would be civs with at least three cities of truly international cultural renown. In Europe that may be Italy (Rome, Venice, Florence). Not sure about other continents, though China and India are probably good candidates if only for how long they've been around and how much they've contributed to cultural history, I just can't identify the most important cities from that point of view.

I've pulled off both domination and space race victories with Polynesia. If you block off America to the west of its flip zone you have a couple of production powerhouses.

Is it possible to loose to Mongols as China, wait in limbo till China respawns and take control over it again?

The game just ends when your civilization is dead, you cannot just wait in limbo. So you need to switch to another civilization before China dies and then return to them once they respawn. As far as I know you now can reload save files as scenarios and choose any civ, so it is possible.

You can use it to see how the AI handle a specific situation I guess. If you press CTRL+Z before you also have the entire map revealed so you can watch things evolve in real time.

I also use it for development purposes.

The way autoplay works is that you are transferred to an unused civilization (usually Harappa or Polynesia) while autoplay is going and when it ends you switch back to your original civ. If that civilization has collapsed since then, you remain as the temporary civilization in control of a single Antarctic catapult.

Is it possible to found Vinland as Vikings without discovering compass?

Top Bottom