Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Yeah it would affect espionage too - I just didn't mention it because there isn't any corporation that produces espionage right now.

"Yield" is exactly the opposite of "commerce": the yield types in the game are food, production, commerce, and the commerce types are gold, science, culture, espionage. These terms aren't well defined in the game and come directly from the code - still I think it is the best way to describe it.
Could there be a military company that appears in civs with more military than their allowed number (for maintenance)

What would it do?

What would it do?

His suggestion just reminded me of the Crusader orders "companies" from RFC Europe, that give some yields but most importantly it allows the training of crusader units.
Maybe something like that?

What historical phenomenon would that represent? If it's a corporation it can't just be the general concept of mercenaries.

The SoI companies can be a lot more specific because of the smaller scope in geography and time period. In general I would prefer to take corporations into a different direction rather than add to them, but I cannot make any progress on that at the moment.

Or you can go for the Realism Invctus approach...
IE, no corporations lul

Why?

personal opinion, dont like the mechanic whole lot. but its nowhere near the end of a mod for having it.

Why would it? Multilateralism adds production to trade routes.

Thought trade routes generated Commerce that was then converted to commerce. It's a seperate pool entirely?

A trade route can generate any yield, but by default it only creates commerce. But it can also create production and food.

What would it do?
More hammers, more experience for soldiers, maybe research bonus for military/science techs but also negative effects - can raise maintenance costs (corruption, discontent in egalitarian societies, or democracies and diplomatic penalty with civs that are not in your defense pact. If more cities have this company the diplomatic penalty grows.

"The unwarranted expansion of your military threatens our security" could show up on the diplomatic screen

Possibly this could represent the dilemma of the 'realism' doctrine in international relations. As a leader in global/digital era, you may or may not be genuinely worried about a coming war so of course you will build units and welcome the military-industrial complex into your cities. However, this damages relations with potential adversaries and causes them to enlarge the military as well meaning the player is no less secure than before. In the meantime the infrastructure meant to support the war effort becomes the main focus of the economy and the true leader of the day.

Is it okay with you if we borrow elements of DoC for SoIR, like the city name showing up before you found it, the way maps are revealed based on tech group, etc...?

Of course. My only request would be not to share/use anything from the map branch before it has been shared publically.

Of course. My only request would be not to share/use anything from the map branch before it has been shared publically.
Thank you. Where is the reveal tiles based on tech group and show city name when a settler is selected coded?

That wasn't part of the deal.

Top Bottom