[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

JrEye,

glad you got it.

ok people,

you all motivated me to finish up the new update , so here it is:

version 1.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?efg9kn6kjwu5lyb

you can see all the changes in the doto history text file withing the mods folder,
there are many changes.

i look forward to feedback on this new release.

Enjoy,
keldath.

Shortcut has no icon. Also, it points to the C: drive and doesn't try to mirror the subdirectory its installed in. Easy enough for a quick user fix.

I've just been toying with the pedia a little, and it seems that heavy keshiks require The Manhattan Project, and can nuke ennemy lands ! I wanna play mongols now !! :D

Also Byzantines can build coyote warriors and montezuma loyale, who do also have native american looks.

Soro,

yes the short cut is out of date, you can use the mod chooser i included in the mods folder - you can put it on the desktop - thats what i do :)

Humakty,
hi!
wow - the keshik bug is something i had years ago!

i gave it nuke range of 0 instead of -1 for some reason,
that wont allow it to nuke, but it delay its construction till Manhattan project...

i must have merged this bug from one of my older versions - somethimes i compare things to the past and changes back stuff.

thank you very much for this,
as for the Byzantines, well, when ill release a new version i promise ill change these unit models.

heres the patch to fix the h.keshik problem:
(install notes - copy to the mods folder - extract with zip/rar and overwrite the files).

Attachments

• patch1 for 1.1.zip
    107.4 KB · Views: 128
cant wait to play the new update been a fan since it was overlord 2 :D tried others but none really have that 'flair' this one has

EDIT: I found that loading previous saves does a CTD, I think its due to the names of the map types being changed, I could be wrong, its no biggie to restart lol

Please, how to do that " Press Alt + Ctrl + O customize Dawn of the OverLords " has not been shown after each round?

JrEye,

thank you :)

yeah theres too many changes to this version for it to work with an older save...sorry bout that.

steko,

hi and welcome,

the notification of this message each turn can be changed in a check box in one of the tabs of the bug menu - click on the red beetle icon to the left beneath the gold amount and search the tabs for this option.

say people,
for the next version, i thought of cleaning a lot of units out of the mod, example - instead of having 2 types of tanks - modern armor and type 99 - just have one,

what do you think? i found that maybe there's too much unit diversity?

steko,

hi and welcome,

the notification of this message each turn can be changed in a check box in one of the tabs of the bug menu - click on the red beetle icon to the left beneath the gold amount and search the tabs for this option.

I can not find the tabs for this option, help me.

I couldnt find that option either, doesnt bother me that much.

As far as units are concerned if they are similar but with different names I would remove similar units if they dont really offer much other than similar stats

I couldnt find that option either, doesnt bother me that much.

As far as units are concerned if they are similar but with different names I would remove similar units if they dont really offer much other than similar stats

It Really bothers me, though it still shows there. Why it can not be disabled? Where necessary to enable.This way it works in " Rise of Mankind"

i really don't know why you couldn't find it....just look a little:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• lookihere.JPG
    lookihere.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 218
JrEye,

glad you got it.

ok people,

you all motivated me to finish up the new update , so here it is:

version 1.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?efg9kn6kjwu5lyb

you can see all the changes in the doto history text file withing the mods folder,
there are many changes.

i look forward to feedback on this new release.

Enjoy,
keldath.

Very cool Keldath, thanks. What are the setting you use when you (or your testers)play. I'd like to use the same so I'll have the "best" balanced setup as my only "problem" with your mod is balance :D :
Speed, map size, difficulty, and important options (Revolution on or off, etc)
Did you play the earth map scenario?

The semi large earth map has no resources !!!

OK, playing the std earth as Chine on Monarch War. What is the difference between "Range Attack" and "Archer Bombard" for an Archer? And is there a way to set the two options off as it is too unbalancing me think (just build half a dozen archers and two hypaspist and go kill every thing on sight). Other than that it looooooks cooooooooooool :)

Keldath,

I am still getting the barbarian civ/revolution error in my new game.
I have a feeling this related to barbarian cities becoming full civilizations when they reach their target city size. I always play "Raging Barbarians" for exp purposes.

Is there a civ limit that would keep barbarians from becoming full civs? If not, then there might be an error in the code you will need to ferret out.

Other than this, it is looking good so far.

steko,
sorry didnt mean to be rude.

HannibalBarka,
hi nice to see your still around.
ok so these are my "optimal" game:

-archipelago map
-standard size
-maybe using very small ocean option.
- up to 12-14 civs.
- monarch or prince war.
- in the rev tabs\bug tabs - no archer bomb r any other stuff - i use only ranged bomb and super spies.
- no revolutions, no barb civs, normal barbarians. no assimilation, none of the various difficulty options, play with usable mount', no advanced nukes, play with adv. diplo, and some more options i dont remember.

the earth standard map i played a bit, but didnt went through a game.
the large map - if it doesn't have res on it, then i must have forgot to add a line - look for a line - randomresources or random bonus or just the word random in the smaller earth mod that works, then copy that line onto the large map in the same text location, use noetpad.
i might upload it later on.

archer bombard - something form dale mod that i never played with.
ranged attack is the current attck archer have - its the base range attack that beyond the sword offered with it - u kinda like it - but it may be in balanced cause the ai mostly wont use it.

theres no easy way to remove this - ill have to upload a new unit file - if you want ill do it for you.

Jennvare - well, im sorry, i guess this problem wasn't solved then, try to play without it, also lower the barb strength - thats what i do.

keep feed backing people, i thank you all.

steko,

I don't understand what you want to say.I've got a different BUG mod how you ,so how do I do that? When it is a problem for you explain it to me, I'm so sorry. Hi.
:confused:

steko,

HannibalBarka,
hi nice to see your still around.
ok so these are my "optimal" game:

-archipelago map
-standard size
-maybe using very small ocean option.
- up to 12-14 civs.
- monarch or prince war.
- in the rev tabs\bug tabs - no archer bomb r any other stuff - i use only ranged bomb and super spies.
- no revolutions, no barb civs, normal barbarians. no assimilation, none of the various difficulty options, play with usable mount', no advanced nukes, play with adv. diplo, and some more options i dont remember.

the earth standard map i played a bit, but didnt went through a game.
the large map - if it doesn't have res on it, then i must have forgot to add a line - look for a line - randomresources or random bonus or just the word random in the smaller earth mod that works, then copy that line onto the large map in the same text location, use noetpad.
i might upload it later on.

archer bombard - something form dale mod that i never played with.
ranged attack is the current attck archer have - its the base range attack that beyond the sword offered with it - u kinda like it - but it may be in balanced cause the ai mostly wont use it.

theres no easy way to remove this - ill have to upload a new unit file - if you want ill do it for you.

Jennvare - well, im sorry, i guess this problem wasn't solved then, try to play without it, also lower the barb strength - thats what i do.

keep feed backing people, i thank you all.

Thanks for your reply my friend. I'd be very grateful if you send me an updated archer file (or tell me change this "string" into that "string" in this file, I used to be an IT guy so I am not unfamiliar with "programming").
I 'll change the large earth file and try it later today with your optimal settings.

HannibalBarka,

hey, well, ill try to make you the file tomorrow,
but if you want to try to do it by your self until ill do it - this is what you need to do:

go through every unit that has ranged attack (mostly archer units, you know them),
and change the lines of <iAirRange>x</iAirRange> to <iAirRange>0</iAirRange>.
optional - all of these units have a defined <iAirCombat> and <iAirCombatLimit> defined to them - but once their range is 0, they wont come to effect.

im not a programmer, changing xml is just as easy as changing text in a word doc..., you just need to learn what each tag does :)

ill try to set the earth map as well if you haven't got it yet.

steko,
mmm.....your not being too clear with english,
what do you mean by this ".I've got a different BUG mod how you"???

lets start over,
from what i understand, you want to remove the text that says to go to the bug mod and adjust the setting that flashes each end of turn in a white color text, right?

so what you need to do in order to remove or enable this text reminder,
is to:
1. press on the red beetle button located on the top left screen, right beneath the gold amount counter.
2. using small arrows in the top right of the new window with all the tabs, you need to find the tab system, as i showed you in the picture in the above post.
3. check the v on the box , the first box that says - option shortcut reminder.

thats all, easy as pie.

if you have more trouble plz dont hesitate to ask for more help.

cheers.

Heh...now why would I want to decrease their strength. The raging barbarians are an excellent way to get exp for your early generals. The Barb civs I also like because it gives more competition for everyone.

Does the revolution part work though? I haven't had any revolution messages yet, but I will keep watch as I go forward.

Update: I am getting error messages for revolutions as well. Guess that's two items to check out, unless, course, you dont want these items included. Please let me know.

Top Bottom