**************Doto - Advanced Civ ModMod - version 1.13 Released : 30/09/2023**************
Doto - Advanced Civ ModMod - version 1.13
i Recommend to Delete files from custom assets (my\documents usually)
cache files under app data folder (path is in Doto docs).
----->Download Doto 1.13<----
This mod is a ModMod to Advanced Civ mod by f1rpo that strive to achieve greatness of AI programming based of where Karadoc from Kmod left the CF community.
the mod introduces new additions while conserving simplicity and not an over buffed addition mod - which is great for memory issues.
A lot of love and countless years was put into this mod in its many versions.
I hope there are still Civ4 players that will enjoy this.
Any feed back is most welcomed, along with a thank you note in Advanced Civ mod thread
Advanced Civ mod : https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/advanced-civ.614217/
github development: https://github.com/keldath/kmod-adv-Doto.git
Keldath modding Platform : https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/kelmodplatform.663999/
So whats in this mod ?
(pic is from un published 109)
New civic Screen:
based of Advc 1.010 version with Kmod 1.46b .
- 5 unique units per nations..
- 1 new improvement.
- 7 new religions.
- Civic Government Dependency system with 8 civic total categories.
- Forbidden religion - each civ has 1 religion it cannot convert to [GameOption].
- Ranged Immunity [GameOption]
- New resources.
- New terrain And art - swamp and marsh.
- Expanded sea levels map options.
- Static Leaderheads art - for better memory usage.
- Smaller sized units - for memory usage.
- Minor additions - Unitclass some buildings.
- Inactive Religion Buildings - religion Prereq. [GameOption].
- City pre require size for buildings for some buildings..
- Population Limit mod - limited city size - growth from buildings. [GameOption]
- Blockade mod - unit have zone of control. [GameOptions]
- Usable mountains - movement , resources and cities. [GameOption]
- Influence driven war - culture can spread though war and more. [GameOption] x 4.
- Tech diffusion. [GameOption]
- Cultural Golden Age - [GameOption]
- Revdcm extended Unit tags.
- Civics Enhanced tags (religion and specialists).
- RevDcm building Prereq options.
- Specialist Enhancement - health and Happiness.
- Same plot start location for all units.
- start with 2 settlers
- Wonder Limit. [2 GameOptions]
- Culture Control [GameOption]
- Limited Religion. [GameOption]
- City States [GameOption] -> Single Play only!
- hated civics for civilizations.
- Improvement Decay [GameOption]
- Improvement Obsolete by tech [GameOption] (functional but not yet applied to improvements - soon i hope)
- Civ4 Art Remaster - manual patch install - see within game files the how to apply.
- Governor Great People alike with Promotions [GameOption] -> thanks to @<Nexus> -> Single Play only!
- Improved new Capital choice after Capital is lost. -> thanks to @<Nexus>
Exists in the code but unused for now:
- free unit from project.
- damage from terrain.
- Paratroop usable for all units.
- Civic Prereq for units.
- Fresh water from improvement .
resource vicinity mod
Game Option Explanation:
when a city is created / conquered , a unit will be generated on the City Plot. that unit is a Governor.
The unit move or perform any action. It can Only get xp and be promoted in a specific new Promotion Tree.
the Promotions will be applied on the city to an Great People unit, Governor that can be seen on the city screen.
that unit will manifest the promotions chosen to the city perks.
XP is given to the Governor from city size growth marks (set in the DLL, for example on city size 3 -> 1 XP).
Also XP can be given by cottages that the city works. this woks over time by a specially crafted XP progress bar ( not visible i think...).
once the progress is done, an XP will be given to the Governor.
the method is optimized around 4 cottages can provide 1 XP every 90 turns or so, game speed dependent.
when the City is lost, either reason, the Governor dies or reborn to the owner if any.
AI is trained to choose the promotions and will not move or do unwanted actions with it.
Credit to @<Nexus> for providing the Idea, tweaks and the beautiful Promotion buttons.
Unique to Doto, City states are similar to CIVV+.
the cities will abide to several key rules. a player can have special unique trade agreement with each city to receive unique city perks along with a unique resource.
read more in the readme file of city states in the mods files or in this post:
City States Rules overview
Ranged Immunity/Retaliate/Random hit damage:
no more suicidal ranged units.
siege land units will be able to inflict one time damage without the risk of being hit back by the defender.
the damage will be a percentage up to the combat limit (each unit has one).
hit and/or damage can be randomized.
if the defender is also a siege unit, it will attack back e.g. -> retaliate.
AI code was added , seems that ai use it well.
this is based off VIP mod and inspired by civ4 Reimagined.
Doto 112 changes:
New Unique Government Civic system.
each gov civic has 2 dependent civic options with each has 2 civics to choose from.
on any given time, dependent civics can only be chosen by the parent government civic.
new AI logic New civic screen.
reworked all civics.
new civic tags with new features.
Enemy units block direction of 45 degrees . meaning the player must confront and attack, or go around in a longer path.
Influence Driven war:
winning battle and/or pillaging can change the target tile culture in the player favor.
Mountains Back to service:
Units can walk over mountains (not all units).
also bonuses can appear on peaks.
each civ has one religion it cannot found nor it can convert to.
Each civ can only found a limited number of religions.
default is 1 per civ. later on ill make it that some civ;s can found more.
Culture Control and Improvement Limits:
Forts now spread culture around them.
Some improvements cannot be built near each other.
Cultural Golden Age:
after a certain threshold , from Culture, a golden Age will be triggered.
Wonder Limit (along with Wonder build 1:1 obsolete):
each city can build wonders limited by its culture size.
if combined with wonder obsolete game options -> if a city has an obsolete wonder which is included in the wonder count,
it will ignore it and open a new wonder slot -> meaning for example culture limit is 5, city has 5 wonders which 1 is obsolete -> the option will allow the construction of the 6th
wonder in that case.
if set , some improvements, if not worked for a period of turns, can be destroyed.
Improvement Obsolete by tech:
Obsolete Improvements by tech ->
each improvement (and its build command) can go obsolete by a tech (new xml tags).
if obsolete. the improvement is deleted from the plot.
This part is the most important in my opinion, countless people share this mods credits, ill try to name all i could remember. If I missed one - please by all means - tell me!
i wish to extend my un ending gratefulness to my dear ->
*** f1rpo ***
for giving me guidance and teachings of C++ Modding and much more.
i cant even begin to describe the help given to me by you.
my deepest appreciations to you dear one.
To all the Modders [that i remember] helping out during my last 17 years of Modding:
f1rpo/VAfforess/glider/vIincentz/PLATPING/pilotis/grave/ripple/johny smith/shqype/Vanchelon/mylon/strategyonly/zappara/dale/bug team/
Fuyu/the bug mod team/alerum/lemon merchant/glider/jeckel
KrugerPritz/nudden /The_Coyote/Walter Hawkwood/Wolfshanze
To all art makers - for providing us with amazing eye candies.
To all the mod components that gave something extra for civ and my mod.
Please play the mod, report any feed back, and most of all have fun !
this is how the legacy thread used to look like :