Dear Firaxis, your game is crashing on almost every platform

I'm wondering how likely it is for such a [complete edition] to be patched now. [...] since nobody knows if it would be useful to report crashes, i'm not sure anymore it is really useful anymore
I'd say it depends on how you look onto the beast.

If you see as a result of all efforts a product, which is continuously improved, then it would make a lot sense to apply one final patch on the complete edition as currently most improved and lasting work.
Cf. some classical composers, who modified some of their pieces over decades.

If you are doing eg. the light&sound part for a theater performance, then that entertainments are what count and most of your efforts go into; all show is over after the final curtain of the last exhibition. You can throw away the developed software or keep the tool for nostalgia, doesn't matter.
Cf. some musicians meeting for a spontaneous session and "having fun" (often notsomuch the audience).

could be handy for optimistic people though I guess. ;)
Yep! Our world needs optimistic people.
Hope dies last
is often just interpreted as Never give up, whatever happens, but also contains Hope dies at a point in time and is dead thereafter, though. :p

Anybody remembers the old DOS game Lemmings? I imagine, in some game marketing offices when controlling their customers, they feel like playing Lemmings.

(I have an old Laptop with defect harddisk, which cannot boot from USB. Found recently an useful application: burned a bootable DOS-CD with Lemmings on it)

One of the annoying things is that the crash may be surreptitious. You think you are loading a game. You get a black screen with "Loading - Please wait" written on it. You wait and wait, and you can wait forever, but the game has already crashed. The grey box that tells you there is an error appears behind the black screen, so you can't see it. Eventually you try alt-tab, and only then do you see the game is crashed.

Top Bottom