Defense against gunpowder-units and automatic damage inside fatcross!

chips2150

Chieftain
Is it somehow possible to include gunpowder-units in the defense-bonus of buildings (e.g. walls)?

And there is another thing: i believe that the russians in Rhyse Mod hat a special ability, which inflicts damage to everyone, who enters russian territory. Would it be possible to attach something like this to buildings, e.g. Towers? Whenever an opposing unit enters the fatcross (or better just the near 8 tiles) of a city, it is automatically taking damage in terms of attacking city defenses. It sounds like the "opportunity fire" option from DCM, but for buildings.

I would be grateful for any ideas you can throw at me. :)

Is it somehow possible to include gunpowder-units in the defense-bonus of buildings (e.g. walls)?

Yes, i think it is possible.
Every unit has the tag
PHP:
<bIgnoreBuildingsDefense>
The units, which ignore the defense have a 1 there, all other a 0.
Just change the tag from the units you want to ignore the defense, and change the text from the walls, etc.

Oh, it seems my first question is a bit misleading. I plan a building called barbacane/rivalin, which is an extension of the walls, that makes it harder to destroy the defenses with gunpowder-units. The Bombardmentbonus of the walls in Civ 4 doesn't cover gunpowder-units, but the mentioned building should make it harder to bombard the city for every unit, gunpowder-units included. So i'm looking for a change in a building, not a unit.

But I haven't noticed the tag you mentioned either, so thanks for that. :)

Top Bottom