Resource icon

Deity++ 1.0

MyopicCat

Chieftain
MyopicCat submitted a new resource:

Deity++ - Adds two new difficulty levels higher than Deity, and optionally removes AI starting units.

Want a more difficult single player challenge? You've come to the right place. This mod adds two new difficulty levels, Deity+ and Deity++, by extrapolating linearly the AI bonus progression of starting units and yield boosts.

The mod also adds two alternative rulesets, in which the AI gets fewer or no starting units, and instead gets larger per-turn bonuses to science, culture, production, etc. These rulesets provide similar functionality to...

Read more about this resource...

Hello, thank you very much for your mod!
Question about the production.
Bonuses apply to the production of Wonders?
And that's not fair is it when AI builds Wonders twice faster than the player himself.
Is it possible to change this situation?
Do not distribute bonus products to Wonders.

Hello, thank you very much for your mod!
Question about the production.
Bonuses apply to the production of Wonders?
And that's not fair is it when AI builds Wonders twice faster than the player himself.
Is it possible to change this situation?
Do not distribute bonus products to Wonders.

Well, yes. The AI gets general bonuses to production, and these also apply when they build wonders. However, if you play the alternative ruleset of my mod in which the AI gets no starting units, you should see that the AI starts the game much more slowly. They need to make builders and warriors and settlers just like you, so they won't have as much time for making early wonders.

If you want a completely "fair" game (i.e. no bonuses for the AI), then I'm afraid my mod isn't for you. :)

So the "no free AI units" ruleset is the most similar to Smoother AI, right? I would like to compare them if you don't mind.
Also, if it works the way I think it will, would you be opposed to inclusion in a modpack?

So the "no free AI units" ruleset is the most similar to Smoother AI, right? I would like to compare them if you don't mind.
Also, if it works the way I think it will, would you be opposed to inclusion in a modpack?
I haven't looked at Smoother Difficulty since the first version, so that was exactly what I thought as I documented my mod with some comments and ingame tooltips. But just after releasing I took another look at SD and noticed that it also has some free units. So now my thinking is that maybe my intermediate ruleset is the most similar. You should probably compare our tables with the actual adjustments made, then you know what to look for when you playtest them. When I did play SD (again, version 1) I thought that it felt a bit too easy. I'd say that it played at 1-2 levels below the labeled difficulty levels. That was my prime motivation in adding two higher levels and doing my own version of the difficulty rescaling.

Feel free to make a modpack with Deity++. Just list prominently what other mods it contains and link back to everyone. And please PM me when it's done, I'd like to have a look and maybe try it out!

You should probably compare our tables with the actual adjustments made, then you know what to look for when you playtest them.
That was the plan, I'm an analyst by trade, I can't help it. :)

Feel free to make a modpack with Deity++. Just list prominently what other mods it contains and link back to everyone. And please PM me when it's done, I'd like to have a look and maybe try it out!
Most definitely, I am all about giving credit where it is due, though "done" isn't really a thing, It is more than just a modpack, it is also a major mod in and of itself, so I will likely be working on it for a very long time. ;) I will send you a note when it is in the mod though. And thank you.

I'd like to try this mod out with fewer or no AI bonuses (I'd probably want to play Emperor, maybe even Immortal, but I'd want to do so without the AI gaining free settlers at the start), but I typically play with TCS's omnibus complete ruleset. Is there any way to use two rulesets at the same time?

I'd like to try this mod out with fewer or no AI bonuses (I'd probably want to play Emperor, maybe even Immortal, but I'd want to do so without the AI gaining free settlers at the start), but I typically play with TCS's omnibus complete ruleset. Is there any way to use two rulesets at the same time?
None that I can think of. You probably won't be the only one with this kind of problem, so here are three different versions of Deity++, all locked to one ruleset each. They have different mod IDs, so you can store all three and the original in your Mods folder (but only enable one at a time). They should all work with TCS omnibus. Please let me know if they do!

Attachments

• DeityPlusPlus_StandardOnly.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 167
  • DeityPlusPlus_FewerFreeAIUnits.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 188
  • DeityPlusPlus_NoFreeAIUnits.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 145
None that I can think of. You probably won't be the only one with this kind of problem, so here are three different versions of Deity++, all locked to one ruleset each. They have different mod IDs, so you can store all three and the original in your Mods folder (but only enable one at a time). They should all work with TCS omnibus. Please let me know if they do!

Thanks a lot!

It'll be a while before you hear of me though, because currently I'm in a medieval era game on an enourmous map (Larger Worlds mod) where I'm going for a domination victory, so it's going to be a while until I start a new game.

Hi, in the AI+ mod, Siesta said they found a bug testing the %gold and production bonuses and found bonuses over 100 didn't have any additional effect. Did you manage to fix this?

Hi, in the AI+ mod, Siesta said they found a bug testing the %gold and production bonuses and found bonuses over 100 didn't have any additional effect. Did you manage to fix this?

He didn't. Because of that, at the highest ranks this mod instead gives human players penalties as you can see in the spreadsheet on the overview.

Played a huge map, with 12 civs almost 400 turns. Together with AI+. Completely bugged. Worked fine untill right around turn 100 or something.

Good aggressive barbarians, good AI and forward settling. So I tested out going to early war, didn't do anything. Was like playing regular Civ6 without AI+. I'm quite sure this mod doesn't work with AI+. But could possibly be just my one game.

Static settlers for over 150 turns. AI and city states never upgrading units.

Going for a scientific victory, the last 100 turns I had to go to war because Barbarians were rushing and spawning inside my neighbor and played alot better than the AI.

Also worth noting, these mods makes the game slower than it already is at 12 civs + huge map. With more stuttering at loading turn.

Best regards
Margol

Played a huge map, with 12 civs almost 400 turns. Together with AI+. Completely bugged. Worked fine untill right around turn 100 or something.

Good aggressive barbarians, good AI and forward settling. So I tested out going to early war, didn't do anything. Was like playing regular Civ6 without AI+. I'm quite sure this mod doesn't work with AI+. But could possibly be just my one game.

Static settlers for over 150 turns. AI and city states never upgrading units.

Going for a scientific victory, the last 100 turns I had to go to war because Barbarians were rushing and spawning inside my neighbor and played alot better than the AI.

Also worth noting, these mods makes the game slower than it already is at 12 civs + huge map. With more stuttering at loading turn.

Best regards
Margol

I have a hard time believing this, as the mods should have no influence on one another whatshowever. At the very worst, they should have either better bonuses (buffing them) or better AI (also buffing them). One mod could not be working, but I highly doubt it's even possible both get deactivated. Is it possible, however, that you quit around that turn 100, and turned the mods off for some reason before you continued, maybe even accidentally?

I'm quite sure this mod doesn't work with AI+. But could possibly be just my one game.

No offense, but I'm quite sure that AI+ does work with Deity++. I've tested many games myself and never had a problem, and nobody else has reported issues. Also as Leyrann pointed out, from a code point of view it should be impossible for the mods to interact. So yes, it's probably just your one game. Sorry it happened though, that's always frustrating.

No, it's currently impossible to fix because the 100% bonus limit is hardcoded into the game's DLL. My workaround is to nerf human gold and production after you reach the limit. But once Firaxis releases the SDK with the source code, anything is possible and all bets are off.

I'm playing the fewer units version on Immortal, and at turn 15, Pericles attacks me with 3 warriors and a slinger, with one more warrior further back. This means that, in this time, he'd have had to build 2 warriors, a slinger, and move them towards my borders. So fast, that I'm wondering wheter this mod works as intended...

Screenshot added with all units visible.

Attachments

• FewerUnits.jpg
    FewerUnits.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 234
I'm playing the fewer units version on Immortal, and at turn 15, Pericles attacks me with 3 warriors and a slinger, with one more warrior further back. This means that, in this time, he'd have had to build 2 warriors, a slinger, and move them towards my borders. So fast, that I'm wondering wheter this mod works as intended...

Screenshot added with all units visible.

I'm pretty sure everything works, I've checked many times by revealing the map on turn 1. Remember that the AI on Immortal with "fewer starting units" still gets an extra free warrior and a builder, plus the 80% production bonus. 80% is quite a lot. You may want to give "no starting units" a try.

I'm pretty sure everything works, I've checked many times by revealing the map on turn 1. Remember that the AI on Immortal with "fewer starting units" still gets an extra free warrior and a builder, plus the 80% production bonus. 80% is quite a lot. You may want to give "no starting units" a try.

I actually managed to survive - by the skin of my teeth - so I think I'll just carry on with the game. I guess I should just build some military first, instead of going scout into builder (with a monument in between when not playing Rome). I mean, after all I'm using AI mods and everything because I want more challenge. I was just a bit overwhelmed when this happened.

I have a hard time believing this, as the mods should have no influence on one another whatshowever. At the very worst, they should have either better bonuses (buffing them) or better AI (also buffing them). One mod could not be working, but I highly doubt it's even possible both get deactivated. Is it possible, however, that you quit around that turn 100, and turned the mods off for some reason before you continued, maybe even accidentally?

Im gonna try again, soonish. I play straight through when I play. I know its buggy if I restart the game. I know AI+ was activated because there were tons more units in the game, filling up everywhere. Anyway it was strange, I kinda wanted simmilar game to a hard Civ5 match.

Top Bottom