delevent, etc. in 64 bit

amadeus

burning out his fuse out here alone
Anyone know how to get these to work?

Curse Microsoft and their lack of backwards compatibility. :mad:

When you reload a saved game with no embedded events, the game loads them from events.txt (or randomly from any text file with the 'events' prefix in ToT).

Interesting. Well, this will actually make old scenarios easily playable again! *breaks out hex editor*

It should probably be rewritten. It's a very simple program: it searches a file for the string, "EVNT", and deletes everything from that point onwards.

Here is Delevent been rewritten. I compiled it for 32-bit windows, but it shoud run at 64-bit too.

Source code included.

UPDATE: GPL license removed. Just freeware program.

Attachments

• Delevent32.zip
    39.7 KB · Views: 628
:goodjob: Thanks, Keu.

If I include it with a scenario, do I need to include the GPL? I imagine that eventually this file is going to be distributed in the same manner as the original regardless.

If I include it with a scenario, do I need to include the GPL? I imagine that eventually this file is going to be distributed in the same manner as the original regardless.

To avoid this small inconvenience I've just removed GPL from it :)
See original message for new download.

Makes things simpler. I've updated the following ToT conversions: Cross & Crescent, The Cruel Sea, Imperium Romanum, Red Front and Spartacus with the new version of Delevent. They should be 64-bit compatible now. All batch files use SET /P for the selection menus as well.

Top Bottom