Democracy game help guide

Strider

In Retrospect
How do I join?
To join the game, they're is first two things you must do. One is sign up inside of the Citizen Registry found here. The second step is to join the usergroup, is for you can vote inside of polls and elections. You do this by going to your User Control Panel (User CP), and requesting to join the Civ4 Democracy Game group inside of the group membership section.

How do I get started?
You do not need to read the current constitution & code of laws to play the game correctly. Just know one simple rule: You can not play the save, or take any action within the save that is not reversible. As long as you remember that, you can play the entire game without reading the rules. To get a good start inside of the demogame, just post your comments inside of the various discussion threads inside of the citizens forum. The better quality your post, the more likely you will get recognized. You don't have to make several posts in rapid succession, nor do you have to reply to every current discussion thread. One, good quality, response will get you plenty of recognition.

To find out what's going on, you can visit the Information Department here

What are the different sub-forums?
The Citizens sub-forum is for game discussions, citizens groups, and other misc. threads. The goverment sub-forum contains threads related to the management of the democracy game government. The polls forum contains all polls, over game issues, constitution amendments, or other misc. things.

The RPG & Games and Multi-Team demogame sub-forum are differant games, and seperate from the democracy game. You can visit those two forums for more information about their purposes.

-----------------

If you have any more questions be free to send me a private message, or you can ask in this thread.

What is the Democracy Game?
The democracy game is basically exactly as the name applies, it's a group of people (called citizens) that play a democracy based in the fictional world of Civilization. We choose a civilization to play as, the map size, etc. and then elect leaders to particular poistions in the government. This leaders then carry out the dirty work of playing the save (a term used to refer to play the game).

A typical democracy game runs for about 5 to 6 months, so don't be afraid to jump in during the middle of one. Actually, we'd be happy to get new people at any point during the game.

----------------------

If your not bored yet, and still have questions about the democracy game before you want to jump in, be free to send me a PM or post your question inside of this thread.

Turnchats:
Turnchats are exactly as the name applies. A chat that the turns of the game is played. The turnchats are played by a elected designated players for that term.

You can access a turnchat by clicking on the Chat Room link at the bottom of any CivFanatics Forum page. Insert your username inside of the name field, and change the channel from civfanatics to turnchat. Click join, and you should be inside of the turnchat channel.

Warning: You must have javascript.

Top Bottom