• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

DemoGame PBEM Cage Match: donsig vs. Donovan Zoi

@Chieftess - Grab a seat. Things are going to start getting interesting soon. :)

@Octavian - I am somewhat leaning toward a random map, and would like donsig's opinion. I honestly don't care if I get a bad starting location, because good locations are usually just around the corner. ;) But if we do go the creation route, I don't want anything toooo interesting. Plus I don't want any modded food surplusses and things like that. donsig and I want to test our skills against each other, not the map. :)

@donsig - I am up for all victory conditions on as well. Plus I think I kinda like the opportunity to play as Japan. Will you take Ravensfire's suggestion as well(the Greeks), or do you have another civ in mind?

The speaker screams through the arena on the top of his voice' the crowd are breaking the building down only by their voices.

"Will it be a victory of Domination and if yes; to who?. Will the fighter's culture be desicive or will it be a battle in which Diplomacy skills (who pays the most to the referee and who is the referee) are needed for victory ?

Will the fighter which is most Militaristic, Religious or Industrious win or will Scientific, Commerical or Expansionistic snatch this one ?

Who will upgrade first and who will be held back by lack of food or fresh water ? And are luxury aids or balast ?

Join the arena and see the fight to the death !"

I'll post a poll ;)

Random map is fine with me. All victory types on is good. I'll play the Greeks.

I'm still using v1.21 and probably will continue to do so untill v1.27 is ok for the GOTM.

Originally posted by NewDestroyer
next we should have an all moderator pbem death match ;). cracker vs moonsinger vs xiii vs bamspeedy vs padma vs chieftess.

That would be somewhat difficult, 'cause AFAIK Bamspeedy's not a moderator...

But count me in ;)

@col, you're next...... ;) Actually, it would be interesting to see which mods would participate. I would love to see an all-human game, although those games are usually impossible to keep going.

---

@donsig - ok Japan(me) vs. Greeks(you). Thanks again to Ravensfire for the selections.

After that, I would say random settings for age, temp etc.

We would still need to decide Map Size, Land type(Continents etc), Barb Activity, Skill Level and # of AI opponents. Am I missing anything?

I would prefer Standard to Large, Continents, Raging(or the next one lower), Monarch or Emperor, 6 opponents + us = 8 civs total.

What do you think, donsig?

Sure, count me in for the mod one. :p

We shld start a thread in Staff, to ensure all mods know of this, so that none will have strong feelings at being left out... ;) Maybe even TF will join in - though I doubt it.

PS I thought we'd an old mod PBEM, which seemed to have died... :hmm:

Then we should start a new one, it looked pretty interesting.

Anyway, we shouldn't get this thread off topic, especially with all these mods around :D

edit: 600th post [party]

Originally posted by donsig
Random map is fine with me. All victory types on is good. I'll play the Greeks.

I'm still using v1.21 and probably will continue to do so untill v1.27 is ok for the GOTM.

The current tourney game (5-4 Babylon) is available on v1.27. I have not seen any definitive comments either way on GOTM23, but it won't be long before the announcement page comes out.

If y'all can wait to start, 1.27 has a lot of multi-player fixes. Don't know exactly how many apply to PBEM but it might be well worth the upgrade.

I'm out of action for a few days anyway. :(

@ DZ: Regarding map size, let's not make it too big. I'll play random barbs and random land type as well but I can see where we might want to choose the land type. Since it's a random map choosing land type may not be a big deal though. I'm not good on diety level at all but any other level will do. Of course if you insist on diety I will accept your challenge! ;)

Let me know when you get things up and running again, donsig. There is no hurry, although interest in this match seems to have exceeded expectations. :)

I never said anything about playing on Deity as I am not quite there myself. ;) I am sort of leaning toward Emperor just to make it even more of a challenge for us.

As far as a map goes, I am fine with a Standard map and 8 civs total. Random barbs is cool because then you won't know if you have to prepare for them or not.

I still like Continents because I believe that will give the game true balance. It will force us to concentrate on both land and sea units. Archipelago is too much water...Pangaea is too much land.

Let me know what you think. :)

wannna,

See,

BLOOD!!!!!!

Sorry, lost control there! I know we're waiting on donsig, just didn't want to let anyone forget this one!

Continents and random barbs are good. I hope to be able to play in a couple days. :)

Tell me more about spoiler plages. I've been wondering how we'll be able to play this and let our *audience* enjoy it while still retaining the unknowns for the players. The only other PBEMs I've played were alliance games where we cooperated and had no secrets.

donsig,

I will be gone fore the entire weekend, so there is no rush. Please post when you are ready. :)

This should be interesting to follow :satan:

Top Bottom