Denounced negative more turns

kd103

Chieftain
Sometimes, they don't denounce me another time soon enough that I get this:

upload_2017-6-14_20-39-35.png

This is kinda rare to happen so I don't know how to recreate it. However this time, I plan on reporting it because I don't want to get through with it again in the future. In this particular game, I'm going for a domination victory so them denouncing me kinda helps to give me a free casus belli.

On the rare occasions that this happens, I usually wait a few more turns (sometimes reaching -5 or more) before they're just unfriendly to me again or denounce me soon after. However, if I'm playing on ludicrous map sizes or 20+ civs (which I happen to be in this example screenshot game which I'm currently playing at the time this was posted) and I happen to conquer most of them, getting to wait those few turns is rather long due to the amount of cities I captured ergo ludicrous management.

Is this really a bug or a feature? A part of the game because I'm so much of a warmonger that the game gives me a break conquering the whole world?

Nope, this is standard game speed.

If you also mean most of my games, then yes as well.

I have recently come across the same issue. First the value was 0 more turns, then -1 more turns, so I thought I could wait forever and was forced to declare a surprise war causing increased warmonger penalties, because I was not able to declare a formal war (button not active and hovering over it says: "you cannot declare a formal war because you have not denounced this power", although our relationship is "denounced") nor denounce (no button available) the opposing civ. It is a bug, definitely, and quite a plan breaking one.

This just happened to me in the current build (just before R&F). I thought it might be a feature because of increased visibility... Like you could tell a turn ahead of time they were going to denounce. But it sure seems like a bug. It would be fine if you could still denounce them first :D

Top Bottom