1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Denounced negative more turns

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by kd103, Jun 14, 2017.

1. kd103

kd103 Chieftain

Sometimes, they don't denounce me another time soon enough that I get this:

upload_2017-6-14_20-39-35.png

This is kinda rare to happen so I don't know how to recreate it. However this time, I plan on reporting it because I don't want to get through with it again in the future. In this particular game, I'm going for a domination victory so them denouncing me kinda helps to give me a free casus belli.

On the rare occasions that this happens, I usually wait a few more turns (sometimes reaching -5 or more) before they're just unfriendly to me again or denounce me soon after. However, if I'm playing on ludicrous map sizes or 20+ civs (which I happen to be in this example screenshot game which I'm currently playing at the time this was posted) and I happen to conquer most of them, getting to wait those few turns is rather long due to the amount of cities I captured ergo ludicrous management.

Is this really a bug or a feature? A part of the game because I'm so much of a warmonger that the game gives me a break conquering the whole world?

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Are you playing at a speed other than standard?

3. kd103

kd103 Chieftain

Nope, this is standard game speed.

If you also mean most of my games, then yes as well.

4. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Chieftain

I have recently come across the same issue. First the value was 0 more turns, then -1 more turns, so I thought I could wait forever and was forced to declare a surprise war causing increased warmonger penalties, because I was not able to declare a formal war (button not active and hovering over it says: "you cannot declare a formal war because you have not denounced this power", although our relationship is "denounced") nor denounce (no button available) the opposing civ. It is a bug, definitely, and quite a plan breaking one.

5. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

This just happened to me in the current build (just before R&F). I thought it might be a feature because of increased visibility... Like you could tell a turn ahead of time they were going to denounce. But it sure seems like a bug. It would be fine if you could still denounce them first :D