Department of Micromanaging

You said somewhere else that the forest chopped after you hit enter, and the granary is really only 8 turns left, right?

That is correct IP. On the IT when you finish chopping and the "10 shields announcement" pops up. I had to look quick because when it exited that was it.

I wonder if that was Team Doughnut's message.... We aren't industrious are we? if we are then I'm going to have to change some of the worker's actions. I don't think that it will hurt any thing else, just what is going on with the worker. I have a to-do list in the turnplay log that says to move the worker to the wines if the chop has completed.

I want to say that the worker won't be able to move this turn. I think I remember this happening on my PBEM so it may be one of those quirks on a PBEM. We may have to wait till the save comes in to confirm.

I had to scroll down to dig up this thread.

I think that we need to get a worker out of ignoramus before the granary. right now we are only generating 2 shields per turn. It's going to take another 27 turns before the granary finishes.

Right now we have 0.6 workers per city. That's not acceptable. So here is what I propose. All new cities get a worker out as the first build. Ignoramus switches back to a worker and starts pumping workers as fast as it can. There aren't any forests near Ignoramus for a chop so granary barring rushing IMO is out of the question.

We need to decide this turn so we don't waste shields by switching later.

I'll go with that. We really need to develop the core.

The FP wheat can be switched from Dunderhead to Ignoramus and then it will have +5 food. Other than that, there aren't much opportunities for +5 food.

After some workers are out, the FP around Ignoramus can be irrigated and then it will have +5 food and the FP wheat can go back to Dunderhead.

All of this will take workers and time.

Here is my proposal:
Ignoramus just keeps chugging along building workers only for now
Ignoramus works wheat and bgs

Dunderhead works all bgs that it can (same shield count as now)
Dunderhead switches to rax and then starts pumping warriors with an occasional worker.

It won't for a while. A granary will take quite a long time to complete. But if we can get a few workers out now, then those workers can start improving it a good bit.

I guess we need to decide if we want to wait ~25 turns f

Ok. Dunderhead is a good spot for it.... I just thought that since there is no good military city currently available it would have been better as a military pump.

So should Ignoramus be switched to a military build (warrior)?

Igno does have a worker... Dunderhead has two. That's all of our workers. I'd like to see Ignoramus get one more worker out before starting the rax.

Chop one of the forests that is just outside Ignoramus' cultural borders to speed up the granary. You still get the shields!

Also Jesterton might do a worker before that warrior, unless barbs are getting a nuisance.

Chop one of the forests that is just outside Ignoramus' cultural borders to speed up the granary. You still get the shields!
Really? I didn't realize that. Well the worker that's getting ready to come out of Ignoramus will head right over there.

Crakie said:
as long as it's within the "expanded" city border (ie, the town's 18 tiles), it will count, even if the border has not expanded yet. i believe crakie is refering to the 2 forests SE of Ignoramus? No other towns in range, so it should be a straight ahead chop-chop :)

Top Bottom