Design Thread - For Discussion and Review

The Empire of Austria:​

Leader: Francis I

UA: Doppelkaiser
+2 :c5production: Production in all Cities per Social Policy tree opened. Has an additional diplomat in the World Congress.

UU: Grenzer
Rifleman replacement. May use enemy roads. +25% :c5strength: Combat Strength when attacking.

UB: Jagdschloss
Armory replacement. Grants +2 :c5gold: Gold in resources improvable by Camps. Grants :c5happy: +2 Happiness and :c5strength: Defensive Strength if built in a City on a Hill.

Sometimes I do stupid simple designs just to test my own capabilities.

They're kinda fun.

Absurdly OP UA. Maybe make it 1 from the very early game and then scale by era, so it doesn't basically double production in tradition cities and totally inflate production in Liberty empires.

OP?
I won't say so... While it is quite powerful in the early game, the other components aren't that strong and it'll be much less significant in the late game..

Regardless, he said it was stupid himself, so...

Think about Russia. The Cossack is okay but is a cavalry replacement, so not very relevant, and the Krepost is a little worthless, but they make consistently high tier because of the hammers in the UA. And they aren't even guaranteed, without strategic balance or with expands without horses or iron they become somewhat generic. But with a guaranteed 2 from the founding of the city it becomes pretty broken.

But if it is a silly design by intention then I won't go into it too hard.

Well I guess you have a point...
Nerfing the bonus I probably the best option here.

I binge played AA6 Spirit of Justice, which takes place in a fictional nation called Khura'in, so here we go:

Kingdom of Khura'in
Leader: Rayfa Padma Khura'in
UA: Edge of the Far East - Mountains provide +1 :c5faith:, upon the death of a unit (either friendly or enemy) receive a :c5faith: boost
UB: Tehm'pul Temple/Hall of Justice - Replace courthouse and provides :c5faith: in addition to the normal :c5happy: bonus. Can be built in regular city except it causes a minor unhappiness malus along with the faith bonus
UU: Lady Kee'ra/Justice Ministry's Secret Police - unit that provides :c5faith: every-time barbarians/rebels are defeated by it within borders (dont know what would replace, would make most sense as a one time build unit that is unique to this civ)
Art Style: Asian
Cities: none mentioned in AA6 so random Indian & Tibetan sounding names would suffice maybe?
Music - Peace: Rayfa Padma Khura'in, The Unyielding Medium Princess - War: Queens theme
Color: Mintish Green and Dark Purple
Relgion: custom religion of Khura'inese, otherwise Buddhism most fits

The aim is for a faith based civ that gains advantage from Mountains and staying on the defensive, with relation/references to the court system, as per Ace Attorney heritage

Side note, just look the following pun from that game:
Inga Karkhuul Haw'kohd Dis'nahm Bi'ahni Lawga Ormo Pohmpus Da'nit Ar'edi Iz Khura'in III

Top Bottom