Design: World Spells

And then the Lanun would take his entire horde and move it to some place more suitable (like, say, the Bazaar of Mammon).

For the horde is a good idea, but may need to be tweeked a little. I like that it gives the Orcish player more units from barbarian ranks, but I don't like how it esentially reveals almost the entire map. Orcs never struck me as the omnicient type, and even though the units are coming from all over, thier world knowledge and maps would be suspect. Getting instant contact with ever civ in the world is a bit uncharastic as well.
If you time it right you'll also recover a substantial number of goody huts potentialy making you the most advanced and wealthiest nation in the game, of course the hoard will drain you of the money quickly enough but it's still funny when you pop a good 5 or 6 free techs over the course of a few turns after casting this one.

Later in the game when it could be more useful there aren't enough barbs left in the game making it useless. Crowded maps have this problem early in the game as well.

What would be fun is if it worked in the opposite fashion and turned all of the Clan units on the map into barbarians, nothing like building up a HUGE army that you can't afford to pay an then unleashing them before your empire goes on strike. It would be a quick way to get the AI Clan out of financial trouble too. :)

Alternatively, it could turn units from other civs into barbarians of give every non-hero melee unit in the world the burning blood promotion, some of them would surely come to the dark side.

Couple suggestions:

River of Blood: What if this were to decrease the pop of all Calabim cities and increase pop in the caster's city, perhaps 2 pop for every other city. It would be like marching tons of citizens to the Prespur breeding pit for a massive feast. If you've got ten cities, then that bumps your casting city up 18 points. Huge feast for a vampire. Then, thanks to the Governor's Manor, you're still making things even though unhappiness is through the roof. I think it's something that grows in effectiveness as the game goes on and is a great one-time boost.

Kuriotates' Legends: How about making Blessings of Amathaon into their world spell? It can add one bonus for every bonus in their borders. They won't be gaining anything new happiness/health/etc-wise, but commerce and production would go up and so would trade opportunities. Hmm, not sure what I think about that one.

Top Bottom