1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Desync every turn

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Multiplayer' started by Sjru, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Sjru

Sjru Dragonite

Hello, I am playing with a friend in multiplayer and after early game, there's always a resync-reload. Every turn.

Sometimes there are turns we don't, but it's really annoying. We both have all the DLC and are playing in simultaneous turns, with AI.

What we can do to reduce those desyncs? Is there any settings that can reduce the frequency of these events?

2. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Chieftain

Is this a LAN game or internet? Playing with AI, in either mode, is going to lag end turns especially since the last patch, even more so if the PC in question are not top of the line

CS

3. Sjru

Sjru Dragonite

Internet, he's from USA and I'm from Argentina.

Is not about end turn lag (Game goes fast regardless), but desyncs; every turn the game reloads basically, which adds a lot of time.

4. AmtrakQuebec

AmtrakQuebec Chieftain

You know that place by the other place...
    Yeah, distance has always caused this in MP but it has been accentuated since the last update.

Do either of you have any mods loaded? It's fine if you do, but you both need to have the exact same ones loaded.

5. Sjru

Sjru Dragonite

No we just playing vanilla.

6. Sjru

Sjru Dragonite

Okay seems that a change they did on the patch was that mods that were not shared were not automatically disabled or something, so we did in the end have mod incompatibility. Before they were disabled.

7. viper_1986_1986

viper_1986_1986 Chieftain

Do not get it, but i someone suggested to make sure both players are in fullscreen, and not borderless windowed....
    Yeah kinda sucks when i alt+tab, but it fixed the real problem

After 8 some years of random desyns, sometimes every turn, both civ5 and civ6 no longer desyns for me and my friends.