"detailed map tacks"

Z da F

Chieftain
This is probably an INCREDIBLY dumb question, but . . . . is there some way on a NON-Steam Civ 6 installation to achieve the Steam mod effect of showing district yields of various configurations?

I just came across a reference to this "detailed map tacks" Steam mod, which lets you use map tacks to show adjacency yields from different configurations of districts. It sounds like the single most useful thing I've ever heard of for Civ 6! But I got my Civ 6 directly from Mac, so I can't add the Steam mod.

I then found this Civ Fanatics mod, which sounds like it *might* be similar? But I've installed it and no adjacency bonuses are showing on the tacked hexes.

Did you try a steam workshop downloader? Then you just have to create a folder called Mods in documents->my games->sid meiers civilization vi and copy the downloaded mod into it.
I didnt try it with a Mac but this worked for my iPad version.

It's a great suggestion--thanks Buktu. Unfortunately the one that everybody uses seems to have been shut down ( / hunted down by Steam). I found another one that claims to be a downloader, but in all honesty it looks a little sketchy.

It's such a bummer--I bought the darn game, not being able to use this great mod really stinks!!!

Does anyone know of any similar mod that's available on Civ Fanatics? (Or if I'm doing the map tacks mod wrong)

You can try if this works, think it is detailed map tacks.

Attachments

• 2428969051.zip
    143.5 KB · Views: 5,695
I've got an even dumber question - I've installed detailed map tacks but I just don't understand how to use it! Can someone explain this - I just don't get it. I don't see any difference in the map tacks pop up? :blush:

Can anyone explain this so I can kick myself?! Been playing Civ 6 again a lot lately after a break of a year or two.

using this mod, when you use a tack to preview where a specialty district will go in your city planning, there will be a counter under the tack itself telling you what the adjacency bonus will be at that specific location. Thus, you can try many locations and choose the best one much more easily.

Also, in the map popup, there is a mouseover box on districts that will explain/remind you what factors into the adjacency bonuses for each district

Top Bottom