Details bug and game speed

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by abeverat, Nov 14, 2005.

1. abeverat

abeverat Chieftain

Dear forum,

Here is a bug that I have found out.

If you run the game from the link that is created by the installation program, then you graphic preferences are not applied (at least in my case) and the game is unplayable.

Now if I run it from the autorun of the DVD-Rom, then my preferences seem to be applied (at least the graphics are so ugly that they are probably at low details) The game also works very well until at least some round before the end.

Hope it helps

Alex

2. phalzyr

phalzyr Warlord

Strangely I had my options be a hit or miss kinda thing when I load, I'm sure there is somethign unsetting my options. I hardly go back to main menu before quiting for example, I usually exit to desktop, so maybe... I don't know but it seems like I have to reset my advanced options from time to time, I've gotten into the habit of checking first turn that I take since loading :(

3. ScooterB

ScooterB Chieftain

I have the same speed problems that have been mentioned here and other places... about 1500- 1600 the game takes a HECK of a long time to do anything. I just got my computer and CIV IV is the only thing on it! I have 512 MB of RAM... I really enjoy the Larger Epic games but I don't have the money to add more memory...does anyone have some alternative options to help me out?

Thanks!